Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
The brand team is a friendly group of talented designers on a mission to create visual experiences that developers love. The team is responsible for fueling our world-class brand identity with eye-catching, beautiful, original work that consistently delights & inspires the developer audience to grow with DigitalOcean. We are passionate about simplifying complex concepts into elegant, on-brand customer experiences while always looking for creative ways to evolve our brand identity to the next level. The Brand team is responsible for maintaining consistent quality across all design, for both internal & external assets.
We want people who are passionate about being high performing team players who embrace new challenges & go the extra mile.
As a designer on the brand team, you will deliver successful brand design projects by understanding stakeholder business & communication goals, & translating them into unique creative solutions. You will focus on producing the best possible assets & outcomes. To elevate & affirm the brand with every creation.
You have broad knowledge & skills in visual design, interactive design, typography, illustration, & production. And you are a problem solver that can take limited direction, proactively seek out answers to critical questions & synthesize multiple information streams into actionable & effective work.
You are someone who actively influences your own development. Youre looking for a team where you have the opportunity to grow & seek out new ways to contribute to your field, your colleagues, the company & its mission. Youre seeking a transparent, collaborative environment in which to thrive.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Design web pages, web & social ads, traditional collateral, swag & events experiences
- Simultaneously advance multiple projects in different environments, ensuring that all touchpoints & interactions with DO are consistent & align with our brand
- Work with stakeholders & teammates to ensure briefs are complete & well understood
- Share work within the creative team & with stakeholders in a way that encourages collaboration, drives rapid feedback cycles & keeps projects moving fluidly
- Capture nuanced feedback into action items, effectively resolve conflicting inputs
- Embrace flexibility in working with a full spectrum of project types & timelines, from well planned large scale halo pieces to urgent churn-and-burn production work
- Help drive the direction of DigitalOceans brand with your design & creative work
What Well Expect From You:
- Own design projects from brief through concept & iteration to production
- Demonstrate a passion for modern, thoughtful & well organized design
- Exhibit stylistic breadth, attention to detail, & ability to balance beauty, innovation & usability
- Show versatile experience with visual web design along with some UX & traditional brand design
- Prove facility in translating high level & abstract ideas into unique, comprehensible visuals
- Expertise with Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop & Indesign
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people.We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development.We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you.We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future.We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles & reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work.We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office & take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity.We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!