At ShopRunner, we connect consumers to the brands they love by way of a thriving marketplace & a members-only service that provides benefits across 100+ of the top brands & retailers in the ecommerce space. We build products that provide a premier ecommerce experience by delivering elevated, data-driven content. The landscape of retail is changing & we're here to empower retailers to take their place in that exciting evolution.
We have people in offices around the world: Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in New York, Conshohocken, PA (Philly area), & Krakow, Poland.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Senior Business Development Manager for ShopRunners Marketplace as a Service Product will be responsible for building market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, & closing deals with prospective partners. This individual will position ShopRunner to attract new retailers to our Marketplace product & further relationships with current customers by deepening the market presence. This role is open to residents of any of the following states: DE, PA, CA, IL, FL, IN, NJ, NY, TX, UT, VA.
WHAT YOULL DO
- Manage & close a pipeline of new Retail partners from the Internet Retailer top 500 roster
- Identify significant new business opportunities with potential clients & manage the pursuit process through opportunity qualification, facilitation of client meetings, & follow-up/assistance through sales closing
- Analyze customer needs in terms of fit for demand source, current business obstacles, identifying projects & scoping potential solution sales
- Build a robust sales pipeline of the Internet Retailer 500
- Target, develop & manage long-term client relationships/partnerships with the executive C level decision makers from the Internet Retailer 500
- Tactically identify appropriate entry point into a retailer
- Develop & implement strategies to maximize margins & increase market share
- Qualify leads & delivers or exceeds sales revenue targets
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in selling in a consultative sales process
- Direct experience nurturing meaningful relationships with CMOs, Heads of eCommerce, and/or Heads of Digital
- Deep understanding of eCommerce & selling a suite of products to the retail industry
- Proven negotiation & closing skills
- Excellent listening skills with an ability to provide solutions to based on client concerns
- An entrepreneurial attitude & the proven ability to take ownership for prospecting & developing a pipeline
- Superior presentation & communication skills
- Strategic thinking capabilities & the ability to accomplish goals in a timely, productive & fiscally responsible manner
- Four year degree from an accredited college institution
OTHER THINGS WED LIKE YOU TO KNOW
The most successful people in this role are savvy & strategic business leaders with a passion for new challenges & an understanding of strategic marketing, online sales & partnering with cross-functional teams. We need a spirited idea person with strong strategic sales, hunter mentality, negotiation, & revenue generating skills. And youll need the ability & vision to identify & execute new business opportunities.
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are & consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.