Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency & public blockchains for payments, commerce & financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing & securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which together with Coinbase & the Centre Consortium oversees the standards & protocol for what has become the fastest growing, regulated, fully-reserved stablecoin. USDC now stands at well over $10 billion market cap & is adding nearly $300 million net new digital dollars in circulation every week.Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, & platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services & commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce.
What youll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains & digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient & integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people & businesses everywhere can more freely connect & transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people & companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse & which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees & families, our local communities & our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, & High Integrity.
What youll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for a motivated Senior Tax Accountant, reporting to the Global Tax Director, to support the tax accounting & tax compliance needs of the companys rapidly growing operations. This role will involve cross functional interaction with other teams at the company including compliance, legal & product as well as the greater finance team. You will gain valuable exposure & experience to a broad cross section of the tax function while supporting a business that is on the cutting edge of digital payments & blockchain technology.
What you'll work on:
- Support preparation of consolidated & legal entity tax provisions on a monthly, quarterly & annual basis.
- Research & support US state & local tax requirements for US business including business registration, franchise tax returns, sales & use tax, employment taxes, etc.
- Support the annual US federal & state tax compliance process.
- Prepare tax related journal entries for monthly, quarterly & annual closes.
- Provide support for maintenance of transfer pricing model & supporting documentation.
- Research & support tax implications & planning for new product launches & transactional activity for the consolidated group.
- Prepare tax memos to document & update tax positions of the company.
- Research & stay current on changes to US & international tax legislation & support communication of implications for the company.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication & commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees & families & local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener & to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission & our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity & you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open & honest communication, & you hold yourself to very high moral & ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty & intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- Knowledge of US tax regulations & US GAAP requirements of ASC 740.
- Minimum of 3 years of tax accounting experience, ideally from a Big 4 background or with direct tax experience working in the technology industry.
- Direct experience & knowledge of tax accounting for accounting close & supporting preparation/review of tax provisions.
- CPA or post graduate tax qualification is highly desirable but not required.
- Organized, detailed, proactive, self-motivated, collaborative.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work cross functionally & adapt to change are extremely important.
- Ability to prioritize workloads & ensure tasks are completed on time.
- High integrity & ability to handle confidential information.
- Experience/familiarity with cloud accounting systems, Bloomberg tax, Slack, Mac OSX & GSuite
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.