Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 60,000 full- & part-time alumni & counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our upskilling & reskilling initiatives. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
The VP of Enterprise Sales in General Assembly (GA) is a senior-most sales leader, accountable for overall sales organization performance, the profitable achievement of sales goals, & for aligning sales objectives with Enterprise business strategy.
This role is responsible for developing strategic sales plans based on enterprise goals that will promote sales growth & customer satisfaction for the organization. The VP will oversee the sales managers/directors for both large & mid-market teams including business development representatives responsible to generate first sales interactions.
The VP Sales reports to the President Enterprise & aligns the sales organizations objectives with business strategy through active participation in corporate strategic planning. Establishes & maintains productive peer-to-peer relationships with customers & prospects. Is accountable for sales strategy development, sales organization design, forecasting, sales resource planning, strategic direction for promotion & advertising, sales growth & customer satisfaction & budgeting. Provides leadership to the sales management team, while fostering a culture of accountability, professional development, high-performance, & ethical behavior.
The ideal candidate will be a proven leader with in-depth industry experience & a true passion for the EdTech industry. You must have exceptional people management skills, a record of building high-performance teams & outstanding relationships with internal & external customers. A strong work-ethic with proactive communication skills that encourages courageous conversations is a must.
Must have a deep understanding to develop methodology to oversee the setting of revenue, account & market share growth objectives, while leading a team to achieve these objectives.
Experience & Skills:
- Substantial experience & positive track record for leading a worldwide sales organization, including a proven record of consultative sales success with large national & global accounts
- Strong experience in developing long term sales strategy & go-to-market plan
- Strong track record of growing both existing & new service offerings
- Experience in developing yearly multi budgets
- Strong bottom-line financial orientation, as well as sales orientation balanced with solid general management skills
- Experience in developing & managing senior stakeholders at C level
- Experience in selling bespoke & standard off the shelf products
- Experience with hiring & building strategic sales teams
- Highly organized, disciplined & success-motivated
- Must have knowledge of competitors/competitive programs & of the GA differentiators that enable us to successfully sell & close business
- Aggressive competitor in new business arena & winning business must matter to this individual
- Ability to juggle multiple variables & multiple projects during short, high-intensity work development periods
- Ability to travel worldwide as & when required
- Drive for Results
- Situational Adaptability
- Managerial Courage
- Strategic Mindset
- Building Teams
- Drives Vision & Purpose
- Customer Focus