KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technologyevery process & every product.
We provide end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of KATERRA's cultural principles is Diversity.We believe different backgrounds, ideas, & skillsets result in better outcomes.KATERRA does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. KATERRA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans & those with diverse life experiences.
Assistant Project Manager, Construction
For the Assistant PM role, we are looking for confident & capable leaders that can support design project management team on managing projects from conception through the building opening & handoff to facilities.
The ideal candidate shall be capable of managing multiple projects at a time in various stages & shall be able to work in a fast pace environment while keeping teams focused & on track. This individual shall have experience at various stages of development including but not limited to due diligence, estimating, contract management, people management, etc.
The Assistant Project Manager will work closely with the Project Manager to provide the highest level of project management support. You will collaborate with cross functional team to track project deliverables, lead management of project initiatives, & support the project manager in delivering the project on time & on budget.
We are looking for candidates that are eager to coordinate different disciplines to meet KATERRA's goal of building better, faster, cheaper projects
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Under the supervision of a Project Manager, assist in the planning, organization, control, integration & completion of KATERRA building projects
- Communicate effectively with cross disciplinary teams of architects, designers, engineers, manufacturing & estimating staff
- Generates & organizes contracts & RFPs
- Generates & maintains estimates, variance logs, & change orders
- Tracks quality control reviews of deliverables
- Tracks meeting minutes & action logs
- Interfaces with designers, engineers, manufacturing, construction & more to resolve conflicting & or ambiguous design, cost, & constructability information
- Updates billing & tracking
- Assists in project forecast budgets
Required Skills & Experience
- 2-5 years of engineering, architectural, construction or project management experience in related markets
- Bachelors degree in Construction Management, Project Management, Architecture, Engineering or equivalent
- Strong organizational skills; candidate should be energized by working with different teams, both internal & external
- Ability to multi-task & work on multiple projects & teams concurrently. Comfortable learning new software platforms to track & organize project information
- Technical background with understanding of building engineering & commercial projects; prior experience in multifamily & mixed-use projects a plus
- Detailed knowledge of resource planning & financial planning
- Proficient experience with management/ accounting software, i.e. Jira, Primavera, Smartsheets
- Excellent writing, organization, & communication skills
- Positive attitude & ability to navigate in a fast pace environment
- General knowledge of construction principles & practices
- Team player thats passionate about innovation & driven to optimize & build better buildings & products
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.