Product Marketing Manager
The Product Marketing team creates & evangelizes industry-leading ad products, collateral & narratives, representative of the best of BuzzFeeds client solutions. The Product Marketing team manages BuzzFeeds ad product catalog, conveying BuzzFeeds value to advertisers, increasing ad product adoption internally, & sustaining our growth.
As Product Marketing Manager, you will oversee the ad product roadmap & go-to-market approach for BuzzFeeds media offerings. Youll maintain the current product suite, roll out new ad products based on market demands & internal innovation, develop excellent narratives around BuzzFeeds client solutions, & work with our Sales, Operations, Research, Tech, & Editorial teams to bring exciting opportunities to market.
While the preference is for this individual to be based in New York or LA, we are open to considering candidates who are located in other markets. You will report to the Director of Product Marketing.
What Youll Do
- Ad Product Management: Improve current product offerings based on marketplace feedback, internal insights & performance. Ensure each product provides measurable value to advertisers & meet BuzzFeeds internal margin goals. Create a repeatable framework for launching new ad products to create long-term revenue growth.
- Operations & Processes: Ensure all teams involved with selling & delivering our product suite have a clear understanding of each products value proposition & how they are implemented, & that the creative, distribution & pricing strategies are built to provide value to both advertisers & to BuzzFeed.
- Data & Insights: Translate findings into actionable consumer narratives, product features, & marketing collateral. Maintain platform & vendor relationships to identify marketable opportunities & develop BuzzFeed Ad Products to sell into them at scale.
- Communication: Create a centralized way of accessing resources (specs, GTM, process docs, examples) for each product that BuzzFeed sells. Keep the Revenue Team informed of new opportunities through different modes of communication including email, newsletters, & presentations to the wider organization.
- 5+ years of digital advertising industry experience in an ad product, product marketing, project management, distribution, or relevant field.
- Experience at a digital publisher, working with teams who may have different priorities - including sales, research, creative, operations, tech, & editorial teams.
- Experience distilling complex information & presenting to both customer-facing & internal audiences.
- Passionate about advertising, & creating solutions that provide value to both end-users & advertisers.
- Excellent slide-building skills using Google Slides, Keynote, or PowerPoint & experience with products like - Google Sheets, Slides, Documents
It's a bonus if you have:
- Experience launching & improving digital media products
- Experience with social distribution platforms & custom content
FYI just because you dont meet every requirement doesnt mean we dont want to hear from you. If you think youd be a good fit for the job anyway, use your application to show us why!
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, & more
An attractive compensation package, including salary & equity
A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO & unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media & tech company, delivering news & entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, youll work alongside inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, & content that helps connect people all over the world.