Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency & public blockchains for payments, commerce & financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing & securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which together with Coinbase & the Centre Consortium oversees the standards & protocol for what has become the fastest growing, regulated, fully-reserved stablecoin. USDC now stands at well over $10 billion market cap & is adding nearly $300 million net new digital dollars in circulation every week.Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, & platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services & commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce.
What youll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains & digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient & integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people & businesses everywhere can more freely connect & transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people & companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse & which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees & families, our local communities & our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, & High Integrity.
What youll be responsible for:
As the VP of Corporate Communications for Circle, you will be responsible for crafting key narratives, messaging & earned media strategies that bolster & defend the companys global reputation. You will build & manage a network of agency partners that enable Circle to engage deeply with members of the press around the world. You will recruit, hire & manage an internal communications team that works cross functionally across Marketing, Finance & Public Affairs to advance our go-to-market objectives, coordinate & amplify investor communications, & support our global policy agenda. You will establish leadership platforms for Circle executives including op-ed placement, broadcast commentary, & the companys speakers bureau.
What you'll work on:
- Media relations strategy & execution across influencer, trade & business press
- Relationship building with editors, producers, & reporters in key markets & industry segments
- Investor relations & financial communications
- Speaking engagements for Circle executives at industry trade shows & conferences
- Brand monitoring & rapid response
- Crisis communications planning & preparedness
- Thought leadership & agenda setting
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication & commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees & families & local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener & to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission & our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity & you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open & honest communication, & you hold yourself to very high moral & ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty & intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- 15+ years of experience in public relations or corporate communications, 7+ years for a global technology or financial services company
- Public company experience
- Deep relationships & contacts across the media landscape
- Excellent spokesperson & superb writing & storytelling ability
- Extensive pattern recognition in developing & executing media plans
- PR management experience at a global scale
- Hands-on leader who is willing to roll up their sleeves & do what it takes to get the job done
- Provide track record of successful collaboration with diverse corporate functions (legal, compliance, finance, marketing, product, corporate strategy & public affairs) to achieve successful media outcomes
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.