At ACV Auctions, you have the opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing automotive technology company. Our team is pioneering new technology & end to end service for the automotive industry. We are committed to making ACV Auctions a leader in the automotive wholesale industry. ACV is positioned to re-engineer the way the automobile industry buys & sells used vehicles. Our employees benefit from a relaxed yet intense entrepreneurial work environment with the chance to be part of a ground floor opportunity having an impact on the companys results from day one, growing as ACV Auctions does.
Who we are looking for:
ACV Auctions is looking for aLead Product Designerwith a strong ability to design for form & function. The ideal candidate should be an analytical & creative designer who is able to grasp user needs & solve problems. As part of a domain focused cross-functional team, your user experience design talents will help bring clarity to the problem space & steer the solution space. As part of the candidate screening, please provide a link to a strong portfolio of successful products both from a seamless UX & UI perspective.
What you will do:
As a Lead Product Designer, you will Teach + Influence + Deliver:
- Enable quality via an atomic design system across different platforms, while meeting requirements for accessibility & brand guidelines.
- Identify UX opportunities, personas, & journeys.
- Facilitate collaborative design workshops & studio sessions.
- Steer how we define our hypotheses using sitemaps, user flows, wireframes, content first information architecture, taxonomy, & relate them to user interface task success metrics.
- Present your design vision to enable product iteration plans & future story mapping.
- Present usability recommendations based on user testing, analytics, & user behavior.
- Run experiments with developers by providing artifacts such as prototypes & visual UI mocks, with supporting materials for icons, illustrations, assets, copy, animation, & gestures.
- Measure past releases & plan for further optimization.
- Provide mentorship to senior members and maintain a positive outlook at all times.
- Teach non-design functions (360 degrees) how to apply design evidence & best practices.
- Teach atomic design best practices & standards.
- Steer cross-functional team members to focus on outcomes & map solutions to problem areas.
What you will need:
- Minimum 10 years of design experience across web, iOS & Android.
- Teach others how to analyze data & usage patterns to generate UX insights.
- Teach design process & practices and encourage a continuous growth mindset.
- Lead & steer peer review sessions with all design members.
- Strong communication skills to provide rationale for your design decisions.
- A bachelor or masters degree in UX design or a related field.
- Advanced understanding of UI, UX, interaction design, HCI, & animation principles.
- Experienced with Android & iOS design guidelines.
- Expertise with Sketch, Figma, & prototyping tools such as Flinto or Invision.
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, & responsive layouts.
- Passionate about solving complex problems with simple, easy-to-use solutions.
What we will offer:
- Competitive salary & benefits
- Upbeat innovative culture
- Professional training opportunities
- Flexible schedules
ACV Auctions is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) & all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.