Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- & part-time alumni & counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
Team & Function Overview:
General Assembly (GA)s Enterprise (B2B) sales team has established a new Sales Strategy & Enablement function tasked with helping the business grow in a strategic, streamlined way & act as a multiplier for the sales teams effectiveness. The Sales Operations Analyst role is an integral part of this function. With GAs recent acquisition, B2B sales strategy & synergies are a top priority for GA, & this role will have the opportunity to lead key work-streams & have direct interaction with the Enterprise General Manager & GAs c-suite execs.
This role will own & build out key pieces of the Sales Strategy & Enablement function, including:
Sales monitoring, insights, & optimization
- Salesforce management
- Data cleanliness: Ensure a robust, clean data foundation that consistently & accurately captures the information needed to support sales strategy & execution
- Reporting: Build & maintain reports in Salesforce to support the strategic & day-to-day work of the enterprise sales team
- Sales data expert & owner: Know all sales data available (including its nuances), how to retrieve it, & which data to use to answer questions
- Data liaison
- Work with other teams (marketing, engagement, finance) to ensure that the Enterprise Sales data systems are effectively working with other systems to capture related data (e.g., the effects of marketing campaigns)
- Act as point of contact for team members outside of enterprise sales (finance, engagement, external affairs, marketing) for data within Salesforce & share information from Salesforce accordingly (e.g., current activity about an account, questions about account ownership (who owns what)
- Partner with Salesforce engineers to maintain & evolve data kept in Salesforce to meet business needs
- Conduct sales data analyses (using data from Salesforce & other sources)
- Build processes & documentation to help other team members understand, accurately document, & use our sales data
- Manage & support consistent use of sales enablement technology
- Oversee & coordinate delivery of on-boarding program for new sales reps & ongoing team-wide training
- Lead the building & maintenance of sales training materials
- Maintain (gather, organize, update) a standard set of materials to be used by sales reps (e.g., sales slides, case studies)
- Coordinate ongoing processes & follow ups to support sales team top of the funnel outreach (e.g., client & prospect engagement opportunities, coordinating conference outreach/follow up)
- Support the Head of Sales Strategy & Enablement in planning & executing critical team & cross-functional initiatives
Skills & Qualifications:
Our ideal candidate loves being the mastermind of data & processes, driving insights through analysis & keep the team on track in a continuously evolving, growing business. The Sales Operations Analyst is the team expert on data, Salesforce, & execution & leads the work helping the sales team stay focused on the highest-value activities. Ideal skills include:
- Keen project management skills. The Sales Operations Analyst will lead the work ensuring that the Sales Strategy & Enablement team on track against the many initiatives it is launching, so the analyst will have strong project management skills including the ability to create & manage project plans, attention to detail, & the ability to make connections between stakeholders & motivate them to deliver activities on time.
- Ability to logically gather - & analyze - large amounts of data. Building out - & using - our data is a big focus of the team. The Sales Operations Analyst should be fluent with data cleaning techniques & advanced analysis skills to be able to extract insights from this data.
- Stakeholder engagement sense. GA works in an agile fashion, continuously evolving processes across teams to increase our effectiveness. The ability to coordinate with other teams & ensure all relevant stakeholders have buy in on the teams initiatives is critical. The Sales Operations Analyst will have the ability to quickly understand the stakeholder landscape in an organization, identify relevant stakeholders for a work-stream, & proactively engage them to ensure projects are successful.
- Strong written communication, particularly the ability to create well-structured & visual powerpoint presentations for both internal leadership & external client audiences.
Nice to have:
- Strong fluency with Salesforce. The Sales Operations Analyst will be the Salesforce expert for the enterprise sales team, so an ideal candidates will bring a wealth of knowledge around best practices for using Salesforce in B2B sales as well as the ability to easily build & manage a suite of Salesforce reporting.
- Sales or sales operations experience
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Process Management
- Written Communications