Position: Associate, Talent Management (Business Solutions)
Reports to: Senior Manager, Talent Management (Business Solutions)
Location: Bronx, NY
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Per Scholas is seeking an Associate, Talent Management, to mentor students who are nearing completion of their training program. Additionally, you will act as a liaison to employer partners.
WHAT YOULL DO:
- Build relationships with students in the last 30 days of their training program
- Support students during work readiness assessment & mock interviews
- Act as a mentor throughout the job interview process to ensure that students are well prepared & successful
- Assist students to arrange for interviews prior to graduation as opposed to waiting until after graduation
- Follow students through the 120 days post graduation to ensure they are supported while finding & starting a new role
WHAT YOULL BRING TO US:
- Proven ability to build relationships & collaborate with others
- Consultative relationship management skills to improve placement results
- Experience developing creative solutions to diverse student needs
- 1-3 years experience in Human Resources, staffing agency, or Work Force readiness.
- Experience in career & job development with specific experience with job readiness, career development, or workforce development
- An understanding of the IT talent/workforce needs & future growth trends
- Demonstrated experience in using Google Apps (GDocs, Spreadsheets, Slides, Gmail) & Salesforce
- You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment with people who are passionate about their work & mission
- You are at ease building & maintaining strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- You have the tenacity to handle rejection & continue on with a positive attitude when reaching next potential client
- You are data-driven, results-oriented & a forward-looking catalyst for social change
- You have a collaborative & flexible work style. Youre excited to work cross-functionally with other departments & independently
- You are an effective communicator with strong oral & written skills
- You are tech savvy & learn new tools quickly
- You are detail oriented, with exceptional organizational & time management skills
- You stand behind our mission, believing that individuals from any community should have access to well-paying career positions, & that talent should be recognized & recruited from many diverse sources
WHY WORK HERE?
We believe our staff is the heart & soul of the organization. Our workplace culture is challenging, supportive, collaborative & mission-driven. We take a genuine interest in career paths & work-life balance, & welcome contributing ideas from staff at all levels. Working at Per Scholas means working somewhere full of engaging, savvy, diverse people who care deeply about pushing our work forward.
Youll enjoy a welcoming & casual professional environment, self-development opportunities, innovative technology, & benefits like health care & a 401K match. If you want to work in a progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful & have fun while doing it, we would love to hear from you.
ABOUT PER SCHOLAS:
Per Scholas is a national nonprofit that drives positive & proven social change in communities across the country. Through rigorous & tuition-free technology training & professional development, we prepare motivated & curious adults who are unemployed or underemployed for successful careers as technology professionals, & we create onramps to businesses in need of their talents. Today we provide our solutions in eight cities across the country: Atlanta, GA; Greater Boston, MA; Greater Cincinnati, OH; Columbus, OH; Dallas, TX; the National Capital Region Newark, NJ & New York, NY. To date, Per Scholas has trained over 9,000 individuals, helping them build lasting, life-changing skills & careers in technology.
If you have any questions about this role, please feel free to email our People team at email@example.com. We look forward to viewing your application!
Learn more at perscholas.org & platformbyps.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. See our full EEO statement here.