Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking a Director of Product Management for our Reliability & Response organization. The Reliability & Response organization drives reliability, operability, cloud efficiency, & observability across Twilio through effective collaboration, facilitation, & product strategy execution.
As Product Management Director, you will lead & grow a team of Product Managers who impact every team across Twilio. You will manage & expand a diverse portfolio of internal products & services that maintain our commitment of trust to our customers. This includes an emerging Observability platform, traditional logging/monitoring infrastructure, SRE systems & tools, Incident Management systems, & other systems & processes required to keep Twilios platform infrastructure efficient & healthy. You will partner closely with senior management & engineering leadership to ensure success.
This position reports to the Product Management Leader for Platform Engineering. If you are deeply passionate about keeping customers happy & enabling Twilio engineers, you are probably a great fit for our team.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic & has a demonstrated track record of leading platform products that can scale. The ideal candidate has:
- 10+ years of experience as a Product Management leader in a fast-paced company focused on delivering software.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking & thrives operating in broad scope, from conception through continuous operation of 24x7 services.
- Developed the product vision, the business case--including the product planning material necessary for driving product initiatives further with clarity & consensus.
- Hired, trained, & managed teams of Product Managers focused on Reliability & Response.
- The ability to solicit customer & stakeholder requirements from many - often competing - sources, prioritize, & work with engineering & design to deliver
- Experience managing products at various stages of maturity, from legacy to greenfield.
- Possesses strong technical acumen you can communicate effectively with engineering management & architects; frontline stakeholders & program leads; software vendors & Twilio finance.
- Deep understanding of globally-operated Cloud Services/Platforms (preferably AWS) & massive scale APIs.
- Experience evaluating, negotiating & integrating with SaaS vendors.
- Expertise with quantifying business needs & developing KPIs.
- Collaborative mindset & ability to work with distributed, cross-functional teams.
- Solid communication skills & the ability to clearly articulate both your point of view & that of your customers & stakeholders.
- Strong communicator fluent in written & verbal English.
- Curious, empathetic, with a good sense of humor.
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
As a Product Management on the Platform Engineering team, you will be expected to live the Twilio Magic and:
BE AN OWNER
- Own the vision & execute the roadmap for your portfolio of products & servicescommunicate both the business value & the technical rationale behind your product decisions.
DRAW THE OWL
- Identify & qualify new products, services, & processes to improve site reliability, performance engineering, incident management, & observability solutions.
- Identify necessary reports, metrics, & analysis to measure the effectiveness & validate the success of completed projects.
- Hire, teach, grow Product Managers to scale the organization & its capabilities.
WRITE IT DOWN
- Develop & document multi-year strategies to improve & preserve Twilios operational excellence & infrastructure efficiency.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal & written communication - ensure that complex ideas, thoughts, & vision can be communicated simply & effectively. You are expected to thrive in a highly collaborative environment.
WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES
- Seek out & gather needs of our engineers, our customers, & our cross-functional stakeholderstranslate & synthesize them into actionable products/product requirements.
- Maintain laser focus on MVPs, iterative product development, & releasing immediate/tangible value to engineerslearn & adjust frequently.
- Manage your overall portfolio/roadmap for on-time development & release of customer valueensure that engineering is working on the right things at the right time.
- Ensure the consistent exercise of appropriate judgment & discretion in evaluating products, conducting due diligence, & negotiating prioritization with stakeholders & engineering partners.
The Twilio Core Platform organization empowers every Twilio developer to be their best at Twilio. The Reliability & Response Platforms are a critical pillar in the Platform organization. We work closely with senior leadership & all product teams to enable our engineers to ship fast with confidence, while ensuring the efficient use of resources & providing an amazing customer experience, even in times of crisis. Our team of talented Product Managers owns the vision & roadmap that delivers value to our Twilio engineers & customers.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We are looking to fill this position in the United States (preferably East Coast). However, we will consider all highly qualified applicants in the US & the EU. What you get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.