Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, you shouldnt have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling & vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge $1 trillion in the US alone but the process is inefficient & largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses & make a living doing what theyre great at.
These customers & pros come from all walks of life & every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers & pros.
To ensure a great user experience & long-term growth, always presenting customers with a healthy number of pros to pick from is key. As a part of the Go To Market Team, you will have the opportunity to work on some of Thumbtacks most exciting & challenging issues. You will work as the front line to ensure Thumbtacks marketplace is healthy & competitive by helping to balance the supply & demand of pros to customers. On this team, you will be a part of a tight-knit group that scours the web for pros in markets that have shown to have high demand from our customers. By doing so, you help ensure that Thumbtack continues to be the best place customers go to find help fixing, maintaining & improving their homes.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works on tasks that are designed to find the best pros for the Thumbtack platform, including but not limited to:
- Combing through search results for business that show positive signs of meeting customer needs online
- Sharing key details about these businesses with the Go To Market team so pros can learn more about Thumbtack
- Works with the manager to further improve our Prospecting process by providing recommendations for quality & efficiency improvements
- Upholds the values of Thumbtack
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, & we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 1-2 years professional experience in the BPO, shared services, or similar industry
- Strong preference for candidates with experience in prospecting & lead generation
- Excellent analytical skills: use their professional judgment in interpreting findings
- Excellent aptitude for research, navigation, & investigation
- Excellent English communication (verbal, writing, & email writing) skills
- Good organisational skills & attention to detail
- Proficient in G Suite productivity tools, such as Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets
- Willingness to work on a graveyard shift, & rotating rest days
- Proficient in managing the sales pipeline using CRM systems, preferably Salesforce CRM
- This is a fixed-term employment for 4 months
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace one of the largest in the U.S. that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, electricians, personal trainers, even math tutors. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers & make a living doing what theyre great at.
Founded in 2008 & headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $400 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners & Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live & work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto & Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.