About the Team
The Head of Diversity & Inclusion will be launching & running the D&I function at Harrys. This critical leader will report into the Chief People Officer & be part of the broader People team. Our People team is highly respected by the business; we care deeply about the Harrys team & partner closely with leadership to drive innovation & create an environment where people feel a sense of belonging.
We believe this role will become even more critical in the context of our combined company, following the closing of the pending merger of Edgewell & Harrys. Creating an inclusive environment is very important in the context of two companies coming together. While we have similar aspirations for our future culture, we also know there are different ways of working & cultural norms today. Our teams need to approach working together with an open mind & empathy, & we believe this D&I Leader can help us achieve that.
Once Harrys becomes a combined company with Edgewell following the closing of the pending merger, you will be leading D&I initiatives across the joint, global business. Your initial focus will be on the US given that is where most of the integration is focused, but this role will become global over time, covering all of the teams, brands, & geographies of our combined company.
About the Role
As the Head of Diversity & Inclusion, you will have a platform to have a significant impact on our business & our people. Over the last three years, Harrys has made progress on many D&I initiatives - from sourcing practices to progressive policies to ERGs. However, we realize that in order to drive the change & progress we aspire to, we need a strong leader with real experience & expertise who can partner at the most senior levels of the organization.
You will be an individual contributor, with strong support from members of the People team - from the EA to the CPO who currently leads our ERGs, to our People Operations Manager who runs analytics to our Learning & Development team who creates & delivers high quality training programs.
You will work closely with key leaders across the joint business, understanding current situations in both companies & building a strategy & approach based on our starting points today.
What you will accomplish:
- Conduct an in-depth D&I assessment of the combined company (including surveys, focus groups, data analysis, process assessments), creating a synthesized report with clear findings, insights & actions
- Create a D&I strategy & approach with specific activities & outcomes based on your assessment, experience & expertise, leveraging proven levers from your D&I toolkit
- Launch diversity scorecards with select teams, assessing current state & co-creating action plans with leaders, People Business Partners & Recruiting
- Identify key metrics & targets for D&I, including a process to measure & communicate progress to leadership & the broader team
- Build outstanding training programs, creating content based on your expertise, in partnership with our Learning & Development team
- Be a thought partner for People team & leaders - a go-to resource & coach for advice on D&I topics
This should describe you:
- Experienced Influencer. You know how to gain buy-in with senior leaders (CEOs & their direct reports), driving excitement & buy-in to D&I efforts
- D&I authority. You have a proven toolkit with thoughts, ideas, & experience to bring to bear across recruiting, training, working with teams, policies, etc.
- Pragmatically innovative. You have a balanced point of view on D&I, wanting to push us to do the right thing & try new things, but also balancing the practical considerations & nuances or running a global business
- Data junky. You love to dig into data & pull out insights & tell stories
- Delightful collaborator. You are someone people just love to work with.You know how to influence others to get to the best outcome. You are also proactive & roll up your sleeves to take things on & get it done!
- Inspirational coach. You are a go to resource for help, support, guidance. You inspire others through your passion & wisdom
- Project management whiz. You are a highly organized doer. You can manage projects with many stakeholders, navigating the organization to get the right input ultimately delivering on complex cross-functional projects
Here's who you'll work with:
- You will report to the Chief People Officer at Harrys
- You will work most closely with the People team at Harrys which has five main functions - Recruiting, People Business Partners, Learning & Development, People Operations & Workplace Experience
- You will lead our Employee Resource Group program. We currently have six ERGs that are led by passionate members of our team & create great connections, understanding & programming for the company
- You will work with business leaders & team members across the business
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
In May of 2019, Edgewell Personal Care Company announced the proposed acquisition of Harry's for $1.37B. The combination of Edgewell & Harry's will bring together complementary capabilities to create a next-generation consumer products platform with an expansive runway for accelerated topline growth & enhanced value creation. Co-CEOs Jeff Raider & Andy Katz-Mayfield will become Co-Presidents of U.S. Operations for Edgewell, leading a portfolio of global brands in men's & women's shaving, personal, sun, & skin care. Harry's will remain a standalone brand but will now have the platform, technology, & tools to expand their footprint & accelerate growth.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.