Compass is a technology-driven real estate platform that provides comprehensive brokerage services, combining exceptional agents with thoughtfully crafted digital products to make the process of buying, selling, or renting a home intelligent, deliberate, & seamless.
We are looking for a Director to own the planning, execution & delivery of business processes, systems & tools from concept to launch. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in the planning, execution & management of complex enterprise systems & infrastructure projects, working with both internal & external development teams & business users across the organization.
The Inventory Strategy team is one of the newest at Compass, & reports directly to Robert Reffkin, CEO. The Inventory Strategy team will own some of the highest profile & biggest bet initiatives that Compass has ever undertaken. As Director on this team, you will manage a group of high-performers to drive progress on one of our most important moonshot type bets.
- Develop & own the process & mechanisms for end-user feedback, input, prioritization & stakeholder reviews for projects & initiatives
- Work closely with & provide counsel to the Head of Inventory regarding moonshot strategy & execution
- Take ownership of highly strategic, complex, & impactful special programs which demonstrably impact the ongoing success of the Compass platform
- Drive/lead project development, implementation & standardization efforts
- Where appropriate, leverage subject matter experts to provide leadership/direction across various initiatives
- 5+ years of experience in program management, expansion, or general management or a similar leadership role managing large-scale enterprise-wide initiatives
- Track record of success in a high growth / startup environment a major plus
- Experience managing business systems infrastructure at scale; collaborating with engineers, product managers & business stakeholders to secure resources, scope efforts, set priorities & milestones, & drive delivery
- Experience working independently to design, plan, & execute large business & technical projects; able to articulate rationale for making difficult trade-offs
- Ability to effectively gather & prioritize user requirements from disparate sources, going beyond users requests to get to key user needs, & the ability to rationalize across & resolve stakeholder differences
- Strong consensus & relationship-building skills; excellent written & oral communication skills
- An ability to lead by influencing others, without the need to project formal authority, especially in cross-functional & executive settings
- MBA preferred
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.