As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa is looking for an energetic manager to join our India South Asia Risk team.
The Visa Risk Services team in India South Asia market, partners with internal & external stakeholders for championing security in the markets & maintaining the integrity of the digital payments ecosystem. Reporting to Visa's Regional Risk Officer, the Visa risk services team is responsible for strategic risk management for the business, credit settlement risk, brand protection, fraud management & data security across South Asia market.
Reporting to the South Asia Risk Officer, as a manager in the risk team, you will be a critical partner to the business, providing pragmatic solutions oriented advice to support Visa clients to track their fraud performance, evaluate risks, implement processes for enhance cyber, IT & process controls.
What a Manager, Risk Services does at Visa:
As a global payments network, Visa works with regulators, industry associations, clients, merchants, third party processors etc to implement best practices in security & risk management designed as per legal, regulatory, credit, operational & market risks across our business.
You will be responsible for supporting the risk team in ongoing engagement with the Visa India key stakeholders to manage client risks, monitoring of the fraud trends in the market, working out client specific solutions/ suggestions in consultation across India, Sri Lanka & South Asia offices, Visa's Mumbai as well as Singapore's regional Asia Pacific hub functions & Global teams.
The key activities that you will do will involve the following
- Develop & execute comprehensive risk plans that is consistent with local market landscape, country priorities & global risk strategy.
- Execute both internal & external risk management programs
- Promote & support client adoption of Visa risk products / solutions / initiatives
- Identify new, creative methods to reduce & mitigate payment system risk, fraud & cardholder data security risks.
- Convey risk-related trends & developments to local country manager & leadership team through regular reporting
- Synthesize marketplace feedback regarding the effectiveness of Visa's risk management strategy & programs; benchmark Visa's performance relative to other payment networks & participants.
- Manage relationships with issuers, acquirers, merchants, payment processors, service providers, regulators & law enforcement to: & guide clients through payment innovation complexity & risks associated
- Lead investigations into & containment of external data compromises by harnessing payment intelligence leads & fraud solutions to proactively identify & contain high-profile data breaches & major fraud events.
- Analyze compromised network topologies, summarize forensic reports & recommend course of action.
- Work with Visa Consulting teams to implement robust cyber security programs in the market
Why this is important to Visa
This role is critical in sustaining Visa's thought leadership & efforts in risk & security space as the fraudsters get more & more sophisticated. As a manager in risk team you will play a key role in helping our clients combat the frauds.
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network & it is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. For each of the past seven years, Visa has been voted one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute, & recognized as one of the top brands globally by several independent brand benchmarking organizations.
What you will need:
- You will have an undergraduate degree or relevant experience in risk management, information security or computer forensics
- You will have at least 8 years of experience as a payment, risk or security professional with a financial institution, merchant or payments company
- You will have a background in information security, computer forensics, fraud investigations & data analytics
- You will have a solid understanding of payment technologies & risk & frauds in card payments including cyber threats & emerging threat vectors in the payments landscape
- You will have demonstrated aptitude to work in a collaboratively fashion to identify new ways to approach common risk & data security problems
- Experience in managing product risks & working with Visa teams to advise clients in implementing risk mitigation strategies, policies & solutions
- Professional accreditation a plus - CISSP, CISA, CISM, QSA/PFI, ISA or other relevant certifications
What will also help:
- You should be well versed with local regulations & guidelines related to risk management for cards, networks, financial institutions & other industry stakeholders
- You should possess a high level of self-motivation, initiative & operate effectively as a team player
- You should have Excellent written, verbal communications skills & ability to synthesize information & make clear, concise recommendations
- You should be capable of leading meetings, delivering presentations & comfortably interacting with all levels of Visa management
- Strong analytical, organizational & presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task & pursue multiple initiatives simultaneously
- You should be flexible to travel domestically & internationally sometimes at short notice.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.