At Lyft, community is what we are & its what we do. Its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft needs experienced engineers from a breadth of disciplines. Our team has a history of enabling rich & creative features that set the standard for the ride sharing industry. We constantly innovate & incorporate cutting edge technologies to make the lives of our community more enriched.Lyft is seeking an expert software engineer to join the Transit team. Weare focused on the future of transportation & mobility. This is a high-velocity team of dedicated people who push each other to do our greatest work - & have each others back. We are looking for a team member who is a master of their domain, adaptable, & eager to take on the toughest challenges. Come change the world with us & take your skills to the next level.
Our platform is used by millions of people, & we take great pride in our work. This means excellent development practices, careful code architecture, & an organization built around rapid releases. Were scaling backend & cloud infrastructure, optimizing real time & localized supply & demand, predicting future platform demand, creating intuitive UX flows, optimizing dispatch based on real-time data & real-world edge cases, & much more.
- Help to define roadmap & architecture based on technology & business needs
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, maintainable code
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality & distribute knowledge
- Share your knowledge by giving brown bags, tech talks, & evangelizing appropriate tech & engineering best practices
- Can help lead large projects from idea to positive execution
- Act on feedback to learn & grow
- Unblock, support & effectively communicate across teams to achieve results
Experience & Skills:
- Must have 5+ years of software engineering industry experience
- Experience with object-oriented programming
- Experience or exposure to distributed systems
- Experience working with databases, relational or NoSQL
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment
- Ability to write thorough, scalable & clear design documentation
- Designs, builds & improves a set of team owned components
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.