Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education & employment. Almost a decade later, we are a growing, diverse team of 100+ headquartered in SoHo, NYC. Weve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, & more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year & helps them lead better lives, join us!
Were seeking an experienced Product Marketing Manager to lead curriculum & learner experience go-to-market strategy. The ideal candidate has an analytical nature, passion for understanding user behavior, & a knack for creating compelling narratives. Reporting to the head of Product Marketing, you will lead the positioning & go-to-market strategies for our new curriculum products, including courses, paths, learning features & more. This is a highly analytical & strategic role perfect for someone who is skilled at building new programs & leveraging data to drive decision-making. While the role will initially be focused on developing our curriculum GTM strategy & program, it also provides a unique opportunity to support new long-term strategic projects, including new consumer product launches & brand & lifecycle initiatives.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Own the go-to-market launch planning to ensure successful launches for new & existing curriculum products & features
- Accountable for the success of Curriculum marketing, key results include driving new (anon) traffic, converting free users to Pro, & shaping our brand position
- Develop positioning for new courses & learning experience products. Serve as the expert on course benefits & target audiences
- Collaborate with the Curriculum Strategy & the Learner Experience product teams to influence the development roadmap
- Identify & innovate new opportunities that expand the role & efficacy of Curriculum Marketing
- Partner with CRM to infuse curriculum into lifecycle marketing efforts to drive engagement with our basic & Pro products
- Map our curriculum offerings to segments & personas
- Conduct & synthesize user research, competitive research, & market trends
- Work with Marketing Ops to manage campaign processes & timelines & develop processes that help product & marketing collaborate more effectively
- Monitor, analyze, & optimize marketing campaigns to achieve goals
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 4-6 years of product marketing or integrated marketing experience; some experience in consumer technology preferred
- Experience leading the strategy & execution of integrated marketing campaigns & product launches, including working with channel marketers to run integrated campaigns
- Experience articulating the essence of products & the value they create. You can develop strong product positioning & messaging hierarchy & work with partner teams to infuse into a holistic marketing & content strategy plan
- Experience working with testing & optimization tools to run A/B tests, landing page tests, & other optimization testing
- Strong analytical skills, including familiarity & understanding of Looker or similar tools
- Strong empathy for the end user. Obsession with understanding user problems & needs. Experience developing personas & audience targeting strategies
- Experience doing qualitative & quantitative user research & documenting & evangelizing user insights across the company
- Ability to independently drive multiple projects at a time, meet tight deadlines, & push projects further than expected
- Extremely strong communication & interpersonal skills, & ability to work cross-functionally with a variety of partners
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT
- Experience launching a new product line or major business initiative from the ground up
- Experience working in high-growth, start-up environments
- Previous subscription, SaaS, or EdTech experience
- Interest in coding or passion for empowering others through coding education
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of users with our product & in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- & works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds & beliefs are empowered to better their futures.