Company Description|Job Description
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically considered for the following locations: Foster City, CA; San Francisco, CA; Palo Alto, CA; Seattle, WA; Ashburn, VA; Bellevue, WA; Austin, TX; Highlands Ranch, CO
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As a Software Engineer, you could work in the following roles:
- Front End Development
- Backend End Development
- Full Stack Development
- API Developer
- Mobile Development
- Data Analyst
Specific assignments will depend on upon your skills sets, interest, location & team needs.
Sr. Software Engineer Internswill be placedin one of the Technology Organization teams. Here is a list & brief descriptions:
- Network Processing:At its core, Visa is a payments network that connects consumers & merchants with financial institutions. The team is building the long-term architecture on architecture on open platforms & commodity hardware, as well as opening our technology platforms to enable industry collaboration & innovation through co- development.
- Issuer Processing: Debit Processing Services (DPS), our Issuer Processing platform for North America, processes over half of all Visa Debit transactions & is the largest single prepaid processing platform for Visa prepaid transactions in the U.S. The team also partners with third-party companies outside of the U.S. to deliver value-added services through Visa-owned assets.
- Merchant + Acquirer Processing: Merchant & Acquirer Processing (MAP) is focused on executing the Visa Merchant Strategy, building deeper merchant & acquirer relationships & increasing Total Merchant Value by developing solutions that address complex & emerging merchant & acquirer needs.
- Digital & Developer Platform: Develop, deliver, & manage end-to-end technology products, services, capabilities, & solutions while collaborating with a global community of client, merchant, & partner developers to promote the growth of digital commerce & mobilization of payments in emerging & developed markets
- Data Product Development: Develops & manages end-to-end technology solutions that create value from our enterprise data through internal & client-focused information-based services, business intelligence & insights, & data-driven product innovation.
- Data Platform: We deliver secure, high-quality & easy-to-use Visa core data assets as a service, together with reliable & scalable data platform as a service, that enable Visa internal partners to rapidly & efficiently innovate data-driven business products & services to lead the digital payment industry
- Cybersecurity: Cybersecurity provides enterprise-wide, risk-based security & continuity programs, & continually evolves security & continuity capabilities to meet changing internal & external threat landscapes.
- Corporate IT: Build, operate & maintain the IT systems & infrastructure necessary to enable a highly connected & collaborative workforce that helps power Visa's business.
- Technology Planning & Business Operations: Provides a structured approach to synchronize, align & unite technology delivery capabilities with business management strategies for improved Technology + Operations organizational performance, execution & risk control.
- Operations + Infrastructure: For Visa to deliver on the vision of the best way to pay & be paid for everyone, everywhere, O&I must provide best-in-class infrastructure services that are secure, scalable, continuously available, & run on software-defined infrastructures.
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent
- Pursuing a MastersDegree in Computer Science, SW Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or a related field, graduating December 2020 or later
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 (or equivalent scale)
- Proficiency in at least one programming language or technology including, but not limited:
- Familiar with: JSON, REST APIs, MongoDB, AngularJS, ExpressJS, NodeJS, React
- Big Data technologies: Hadoop, Spark, R, NoSQL
- The ability to tackle challenges & address problems head-on
- Strong ability to collaborate
- Highly driven, inventive & results oriented
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.