Cohesity is redefining data management from the ground up to solve a critical challenge facing businesses today: mass data fragmentation. Most enterprise data backups, archives, file shares, object stores, & data used for test/dev & analytics sits in fragmented infrastructure silos that make it hard to protect, expensive to manage, & difficult to analyze. Cohesity consolidates silos onto one web-scale platform, spanning on-premises, cloud, & the edge, & uniquely empowers organizations to run apps on that platform making it easier than ever to back up & extract insights from data.
Were a values-led company looking for great people who love challenges, are collaborative & curious, unafraid to try, & passionate about customer success.
Area Director, Canada Sales
- Build & manage an experienced sales team
- Build Cohesity's complex territory strategy to ensure both short & long term goals, objectives & quotas for the sales managers & their teams
- Recruit the direct sales management team & ensure, in turn, that these managers effectively recruit, hire, develop, & manage a tiered sales team
- Maintain good balance betweenmanaging a team & customer interfacing calls
- Works closely with their extended sales team (including, but not limited to SE Manager, PSO Manager, Inside Sales Manager, Channel Manager, Recruiting, etc.) to generate new business opportunities
- 10+ years of sales management experience of 6 or more direct sales manager reports in a fast paced, highly competitive, ever-changing sales environment
- Minimum experience of 10 years in managing quota with demonstrated achievement
- Proven ability to manage a horizontal, extended resource team to support the direct sales team
- Extensive experience directly & indirectly through a management team negotiating large 7 figure deals with extremely complex terms, conditions, price pressures & considerations
- Proven track record working directly & indirectly through a management team with OEMs to build strategic & cooperative sales campaigns together
- History of direct & indirect (through a sales management team) coordination with an internal set of multifunctional teams such as Systems Engineers, Inside Reps, Field Marketing, Professional Services, & Channel Management to ensure target quotas as achieved & exceeded Core Competencies
- Self-starter who takes initiative & works with limited direction
- Highly trusted individual who maintains & expects high standards for self & team
- BA/BS degree or higher
- Ability to travel 50%+ of the time
- A minimum of 15+ years of related experience is required
- A minimum of 10 years managing a team of sales professionals
- Demonstrated success & experience as a people manager leading teams towards a common vision/strategy
- A Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree is required, or equivalent experience.
The compensation for this role is a 60-40 plan, 60% salary paid 2x/mo. & 40% commission paid monthly.Cohesity provides excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Ins., Disability, Unlimited PTO, etc.There will be stock options offered as part of the package, which are based on the last approved valuation of Cohesity related to our options program.