About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits & vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. Were on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Our team is collaborative, driven, & future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, & iterating, & celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, & we get things done. We love adaptogens & cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
Daily Harvest is looking for a Staff Accountant to join our Accounting team. Daily Harvests Accounting team crafts timely & accurate financial reporting to drive internal decision-making & provide key external stakeholders with information on business performance.
We are looking for a detail-oriented Staff Accountant to play an integral role on our Accounting team. In this role, you will be critical in contributing to the timely completion of accounting functions including our monthly close, account reconciliations, & financial reporting requirements. We are looking for someone who possesses strong organizational skills with a passion for details. If you are self-motivated, results-oriented & have an upbeat attitude, we would love to chat with you! As we are a startup, this position requires someone who is highly adaptable & comfortable with plenty of change.
What youll do:
- Lead various monthly close processes
- Analyze expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations for various balance sheet accounts
- Assist with monthly/quarterly financial reports & analyses to various departments & business units
- Help create, shape & institute company accounting & finance policies
- Conduct periodic audits of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
- Assist in external audit
- Implement process improvements & find efficiencies wherever possible
- Conduct month over month analyses & actual vs. budget
- Additional ad-hoc finance & accounting projects, as necessary
Who you are:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting is required
- 1+ years experience in ecommerce/retail industry
- Public Accounting experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrate firm understanding of accounting principles & GAAP
- High Proficiency in MS Excel is a must
- Ability to manage documentation & input data accurately, with great attention to detail
- Excellent & effective oral & written communication skills
- Versatility, flexibility & a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Be able to operate with a sense of urgency & ability to meet deadlines is critical
- Excellent organizational & follow-up skill
- Strong problem-solving & analytical skills
- Ability to work independently & with a team
- Unlimited Daily Harvest in the office to keep you hustling, not hangry + cold brew (...always stocked)
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, & vision benefits, 401K + equity participation
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, Gym membership + Citi Bike discounts
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- Annual company retreat
- Quarterly team outings, weekly onsite happy hours, + regular DH team gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- Book club + running club
- Showers for post-morning or mid-workday workouts
- A dynamic, ambitious, & fun work environment + dog friendly!!
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table & believe in a collaborative & inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles & apply across all aspects of employment.