Maven is the largest virtual clinic for womens & family health with a mission to improve the health of the world-- one woman, one family at a time. Mavens unique care model enables employers & health plans to improve maternal health outcomes & lower costs, while empowering parents to grow their families while growing their careers. Its platform is global, includes personalized programs across fertility, maternity, & parenting/pediatrics, & offers 24/7 access to Mavens proprietary telemedicine network, the largest in womens health.
Founded in 2014 by CEO Katherine Ryder, Maven was recognized in 2020 as Fast Companys #1 Most Innovative Health Company. Maven has supported over 8 million women & families, & raised $92 million in funding from leading investors like Sequoia Capital, Oak HC/FT Partners, Icon Ventures, & individual strategic investors Reese Witherspoon, Mindy Kaling, Natalie Portman, & Anne Wojcicki.
Maven is looking for a highly motivated individual with a combination of technical & operational accounting skills to join the team as an Accounting Manager. You will have the unique opportunity to build processes, collaborate with cross-functional teams, & play a key role in the accounting team's ability to scale in a high growth environment.
As an Accounting Manager at Maven, you will:
- Lead the month end close process including closing entries, account reconciliations & consolidation.
- Create process documents & workflows for various accounting processes with a focus on process improvement
- Drive process improvement & automation efforts to streamline accounting operations & improve the quality of monthly, quarterly, & annual closes, & internal controls
- Play an integral role in the implementation of a new ERP system
- Research, evaluate & prepare technical accounting memos
- Design, implement & document internal controls
- Serve as a point of contact for the external auditors & help manage the companys annual audit
Were looking for you to bring:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- CPA or working towards CPA
- 5-7 years of progressive work experience
- Strong understanding & application of US GAAP
- A positive, optimistic leadership style & collaborative, solution-oriented mindset
- Strong analytical, written & verbal communication skills, with a sharp focus on details
- Ability & desire to build & cultivate strong relationships with team members & internal business partners
Helpful experiences & skills (if you dont have them, you can learn them with us!):
- Experience in telehealth or high growth startup
- Experience implementing an ERP system
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds & experiences enrich our teams & allow us to achieve above & beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application & how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
Maven employees are united in their quest to improve the health & well-being of women & their families in our community. We seek to empower all of our team members to fulfill that mission & reach their full potential regardless of function, geography or experience level. Thats why we invest in our employees, who are our most important asset in achieving our mission. To that end, we offer:
- Choice of great medical, dental, & vision insurance plan options, including a plan for which the premium for Mavens is 100% covered by Maven
- Access to the Maven platform service & free Maven appointments for Mavens & generous credits for family & friends
- Free One Medical membership
- 401(k) plan
- Unlimited paid time off
- Monthly stipend for your choice of wellness benefits
- Weekly stipend for a *free* lunch
- One-time stipend to enhance your work from home experience (We will be working remotely until sometime next year!)
- A variety of virtual team events such as musical performances, game nights & happy hours
- 12 weeks parental leave & 2 weeks flexible time upon return
- Annual professional development stipend
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 5 years
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.