KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technology - every process & every product.
We provide end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
Counsel, Employment Matters
The Associate Counsel, Employment Matters will report to our Director, Labor & Employment Counsel & will manage employment-related investigations & complaints & provide a full range of labor & employment law advice to assigned business partners. We are seeking a candidate with a solid employment law background who can exercise influence in the organization, consider issues from multiple perspectives, & takes a hands-on, business-minded approach to problem solving.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducting & managing complex investigations (Title VII, retaliation, harassment, discrimination, ADA & protected leave issues, misconduct, etc.)
- Developing legally compliant best practices & policies concerning employment matters
- Delivering trainings to Katerra personnel relating to employment law matters
- Partnering with leadership to provide practical solutions to help the business meet its goals
- Periodic reporting to executives regarding key matters & risks
Required Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of experience in the Labor & Employment field
- Demonstrated experience conducting workplace investigations & responding to agency-level complaints (EEOC & state-level agencies)
- Ability to maintain composure, exercise sound judgment, & drive results in ambiguous or high-pressure situations
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask & continuously prioritize & reprioritize critical actions
- Detail-oriented, organized, & self-motivated
- Enthusiasm for sorting through complex problems
- JD & active bar membership in Arizona, California, or Texas required
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience advising on labor relations, labor awareness, & employee engagement
- Litigation experience
- Experience advising clients with presence in multiple domestic & international jurisdictions
- Experience advising clients with significant hourly work force
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.