About your role:
If you are looking to use your knowledge of data engineering to enhance the user experience & to drive the business decisions in a renowned entertainment company, this is the job you have been looking for. In the newly established global data science & engineering team, you will be able to grow your career at the same path: fast! This is the ideal time to join Fandom.
- Manage, mentor & grow a highly skilled & efficient team of data engineers
- Translate a long-term vision roadmap into short-term & mid-term roadmaps
- Breakdown the roadmap in small tasks & make sure they are tracked
- Build & architect multiple aspects of our data pipeline/warehousing
- Lead the effort to streamline the backend pipeline for development, data analytics, & deployment of data services across our product portfolio
- Break data silos & link multiple sources
- Model & surface the data for analysis purposes
- Monitor the data quality & the data availability to give confidence in our numbers
- Partner with Data Science to industrialize their prototypes & models
- Collaborate with Software Engineering to feed data services & other products
- 8+ years of experience in software & data engineering
- Including 5+ years of experience in a people manager position
- Excellent written & verbal English
- Proven experience in consolidating & growing a team
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex business problems & provide software & data solutions
- Ability to communicate well, whether in small group discussion or large-scale presentation
- Strong experience in building large scale architectures using AWS services, data-center using open-source technologies services like Kinesis, Kafka, Spark, Athena, ElasticSearch, Hadoop, EMR etc.
- Understanding of the data consumption patterns like experimentation, exploratory research, analytics & machine learning & well versed with data modeling patterns.
- Real-life production experience in creating architectures for Data Science teams to build, train & scale machine learning models.
- Strong knowledge in RDB, NoSQL, Time-series, Columnar, graph & relational databases.
- Experience building data governance & security in data lake & implementing data catalog solutions.
- Hands-on experience in one or more programming languages such as Java, Python, Scala, etc.
- Good knowledge of statistical models & machine learning algorithms
- Good knowledge of data visualization
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options
- Training based on business needs
- Flexible working hours
- Open, energetic & fan-focused, international work environment
- Miscellaneous perks such as wellness programs, swag, etc.
Fandom is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. Fandom has a global audience of almost 300 million monthly unique users & encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video. Our Fandom values are:
- We serve a global community.
Connection with our fans, creators, & partners is at our core, & its grounded by our active efforts of inclusion.
- We build experiences.
We imagine, improve, & deliver solutions.
- We bring joy.
We celebrate our fandoms, our teammates, & the work we do.
Learn More about Fandom
Fandom is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Fandom, one of our core values is We Serve a Global Community. Connection with our fans, creators, & partners is at our core, & it's grounded by our active efforts of inclusion. As such, we're proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, & we do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We invite you to complete the optional section below. This information will help Fandom with our reporting requirements & help us learn more about how we can increase diversity in our candidate pool. Completion of this section is entirely voluntary & has no impact on your opportunity for employment.