Company Description|Job Description
Optimizely is the world's leader in customer experience optimization, allowing businesses to dramatically drive up the value of their digital products, commerce & campaigns through its best in class experimentation software platform. By replacing digital guesswork with evidence-based results, Optimizely enables product & marketing professionals to accelerate innovation, lower the risk of new features, & drive up the return on investment from digital by up to 10X. Over 26 of the Fortune 100 companies choose Optimizely to power their global digital experiences. Optimizely's impressive customer list includes eBay, FOX, IBM, The New York Times & many more global enterprises.
As a part of the marketing operations team, the marketing project manager plays a key role in Optimizely's marketing organization, initiating, planning, & helping teams execute work for our global organization
Project Tracking: Track project progress for our teams to ensure unbiased transparency & consistency within the organization regarding initiatives, priorities, & available resources
Systems & Process: Refine the process & systems that allow for effective project tracking both physically & in the cloud
Planning/Scoping: Work closely with the demand generation, brand/creative, & product marketing organizations to identify what success conditions (outcome, timeline, & budget) are for our work streams
Change Management: Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule & project costs using appropriate verification techniques
Accountability: Hold the team accountable for commitments & timelines
Weekly Forecasting & Risk Identification: Responsible for proactively looking at resourcing issues & providing a forward looking forecast on deliverables & the risk factors associated with the current due dates
Escalation: Escalate identified risks within projects & plans
Result Driven: Help the team manage projects through the quarter to ensure that projects are executed on time & within budget
Documentation: Create cloud based documentation in relation to all project management related systems & processes
Continuous Improvement: Drive continuous improvement of project management strategies for the marketing organization
- 3+ years experience in Project Management field
- 3+ years working in data-driven marketing environment
- Project management skills, especially project planning, risk management, & capacity planning.
- Excellent spoken & written communication as well as receptive listening skills, with ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical & non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work with deadlines & learn quickly in a fast paced environment
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail & multitasking skills
- Flexible & focused among competing priorities
- You have experience working on projects with multiple partners, managing timelines & budgets
- Experience using project management tools & the templates within them (i.e. Jira, SmartSheet, etc).
- Analytical experience relating to ad hoc requests, operational improvement, & business intelligence tools (Looker) is preferred but not required
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education experience.
- PMI certification or equivalent a plus
At Optimizely, we embody inclusion & embrace diversity. Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer & makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Optimizely prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.