Come see whats cookin at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient & exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world & we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services & were growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, & international, & our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
You will ..
- Counsel our senior management & People team on a variety of labor, employment & compliance issues, including hiring, workplace conduct, FLSA, workers comp, benefits, policies & separations
- Ensure federal, state & local compliance with all relevant laws/ordinances for a large workforce, the majority of whom are temporary/non-exempt, spread across fifteen states & counting
- Help to create & manage HR-related training & education across the organization
- Draft & negotiate various employment & related agreements
- Manage litigation & defense strategy, arbitrations, internal investigations, communications with federal & state agencies, & responses to correspondence from attorneys & other claimants for various labor/employment matters
- Maintain relationships with & ensure cost-effective use of external counsel
- Assist with various other non-employment litigation & other legal matters
- A business-minded lawyer, with an ability to translate legal concepts to non-lawyers
- Entrepreneurial, resourceful & the type of person that thrives on change & new challenges
- A quick learner, able to acquire working knowledge on entirely new subjects within a short timeframe, with sound judgment regarding when to request external support
At a minimum, you have...
- A J.D. with outstanding academic credentials. Overall at least 5-9 years of labor/employment law experience, including at least 2 years of relevant litigation experience at a leading law firm. Experience in-house at a high-growth (ideally consumer-facing or e-commerce) company not required but a strong plus.
- Must be admitted, active & in good standing with the New York State Bar or another state bar. Experience advising on and/or litigating employment matters in California not required but a strong plus.
- Ability to independently research & propose creative solutions that will allow HelloFresh to efficiently scale our legal & compliance framework during a time of rapid expansion
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium & other flexible health plans effective first day of employment
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, cold brew on tap & monthly catered lunches
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.