This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. Youll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness & transparency. With the energy of a startup & the scale of the Fortune One, its the ultimate innovators playground.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Walmart Fashion adds hundreds of new items onto the website each week. The Sample Management Specialist leads a segment of the business on the execution of the sample management process.
The Sample Management Specialist is responsible for tracking merchandise coming into the studio, unpacking, organizing & logging the merchandise into the sample tracking database while ensuring all product is ready for the photography production process. Upon completion of the process all merchandise will need to be checked out in the database, packed up accordingly & shipped back to the appropriate destination. They will work closely with the Receiving Clerks, Merchandise Coordinators, & photography teams to ensure proper flow of merchandise.
The role is responsible for ownership over multiple categories of business to manage the requests, logistics & communication of samples with the aim of reducing Not Available to Sell (NATS) inventory, increasing item count throughput, reducing time to site & reducing cost per item.
You are a risk takera dreamer who delivers. You have big ideas & can implement them with a positive attitude. You pride yourself on being the first of your friends to know whats happening in the world. You have a passion for innovation in eCommerce.You want to be a part of one of the fastest growing eCommerce companies in the world, where the only constant is change.
The ideal candidate will be experienced, detail oriented, organized, & will demonstrate comfort with ambiguity. A positive attitude is a must with the ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. The candidate will possess the ability to succeed with minimal guidance & be skilled at anticipating problems & resolving them.This person will be working under the direction of the Sample Management Lead. The environment is extremely fast paced by photography standards with average sample receipts of over 100 units per day.
WHAT YOULL DO
The studio is fast-paced environment with an average of 30-100 items per bay daily, depending on category of business. A strong focus & sense of urgency is required along with the following skills. This role requires proven studio experience. The ideal candidate will execute on the following:
- Responsible for the physical organization of the sample closet including organizing samples by category, turn-in schedule, & priority
- Check the accuracy & quality of samples from vendors; track & report issues to Sample Management Lead
- Manage sample logistics (pack, unpack, send back to vendor, track)
- Maintain spreadsheets & forms in order to update status of merchandise for multiple parties.
- Work with studio workflow management tools.
- Distribute merchandise to all responsible parties throughout the photo processes based on photo schedules & collect merchandise after the photo process is completed.
- Communicate merchandise special requests to all individuals who will come in contact with the samples throughout the photo process.
- Assist Merchandise Coordinators with planning.
- Identify & resolve roadblocks in the workflow
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE (QUALIFICATIONS)
- Minimum 3 years experience in a retail environment
- 2+ years experience in ecommerce photo studio
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds of samples & equipment
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to perform under pressure
- Results driven & a sense of urgency
- Works well in a team environment
- Ability to work within deadlines, thinking creatively to increase productivity & throughput
Customer/Member Centered: Focus on the Customer/Member - Reviews customer/member-focused data & adjusts performance to address findings. Promotes & supports associate efforts to exceed customer/member expectations. Informs associates on how to identify & locate resources to meet the diverse needs of customers/members.
Judgment: Use Appropriate Judgment - Identifies, reviews, & applies policies & procedures to make informed judgments. Identifies & uses facts, information, & expertise to set priorities & make informed decisions. Uses data & evidence to determine the causes of problems & develop solutions to address them.
Execution & Results: Manage Execution & Results - Holds associates accountable for completing work within expectations & time requirements. Plans & manages own & others' time, based on business priorities, & follows up to ensure all work requirements are completed in a timely & accurate manner. Identifies & obtains the resources needed to complete projects. Encourages associates to strive for excellence, efficiency, & quality in work practices.
Planning & Improvement: Plan & Pursue Team-Based Improvement - Coordinates & aligns planning with organizational initiatives & direction. Looks at work plans & makes changes, as needed, to achieve team or work group objectives. Sets realistic timelines for goal accomplishment. Improves work processes & practices to increase performance & results
Influence & Communicate: Increase Commitment - Promotes ideas & links them to business needs & benefits. Builds trusting, cooperative relationships & alliances with others, inside & outside of the organization. Effectively communicates clear, up-to-date information on business plans & priorities (for example, change initiatives). Shares experience & ideas with associates across the organization.
Ethics & Compliance: Manage Ethics & Compliance - Instructs associates on how to act in accordance with policies & procedures, & supports their efforts in doing so. Ensures associates demonstrate the highest standards of integrity & ethics in work situations. Corrects ethical & compliance issues, enforcing compliance & administering appropriate consequences as needed.
The following physical activities are necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
- Lifts & carries equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Observes associate, customer, or supplier behavior.
- Enters & locates information on computer.
- Presents information to small or large groups & individuals.
- Communicates effectively in person or by using telecommunications equipment.
- Creates documents, reports, etc., using a writing instrument (such as a pencil or pen) or computer.
- Visually verifies information, often in small print.