Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart that enables anyone to build a beautiful online presence. Product designers at Squarespace are embedded within teams alongside product managers & engineers. Our product teams are deeply collaborative, & each member is directly responsible for the team's success.
Were looking for a Senior Product Designer to join the Conversion team within the Growth organization. The Conversion team is responsible for templates & how they are merchandised to our customers. In this role, you will be responsible for helping guide users towards the right starting point for them as well as building their awareness & confidence during their first moments with Squarespace. As such, you will use a systems approach to create a compelling experience for any user looking to build out their online presence. You will contribute to designing templates that match our users needs & uphold the design standards we have at Squarespace. There will be opportunities to collaborate with other teams like Frontsite (squarespace.com), Trial Experience, Commerce, & Presence to ensure we create a valuable & coherent user experience for each of our users.
You'll report to the Product Design Manager of Conversion.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices & provides flexibility for our employees.
- Improve existing design solutions while also continuing to evolve our brand language
- Create rational, articulable, elegant solutions to complex problems
- Think holistically about the user journey & product ecosystem
- Design concepts for the platform that are usable, educational, & relevant
- Contribute to OKRs, product strategy, vision, & roadmap by working closely with PM & Engineering partners
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams on evolving solutions that equally support our strategy & user goals
- Taking the initiative for work from concept & discovery through delivery & beyond
- Collaborate with up-stream & down-stream product teams to ensure a consistent user journey
- Be data-driven & have an interest in measuring & improving the experience
- Facilitate user research & testing, ensuring usability & product consistency
- 6+ years of experience
- Knowledge of best practices regarding visual design principles of consistency, color, typography, animation & a keen eye for subtle details
- Experience in the UX process inclusive of research, visual design & prototyping
- Proven ability putting yourself in the customers shoes & coming up with ideas that are relevant & enticing
- Knowledge of current trends in design & technology
- Proficiency in animation tools like Principle
- Deep passion for our product & the impact that it has in the world
A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement & how you contributed to solving specific problems.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.