The ultimate source for official answers about a business online should be the business itself. However, when consumers ask questions on the majority of company websites, too often they dont get the information they need. Yext (NYSE: YEXT), the Answers Search Platform, solves this problem by transforming a websites search experience so it delivers direct answers to customer questions instead of clunky, often useless hyperlinks
The culprit? Most business websites are powered by outdated keyword search technology that hasnt innovated since the late 90s. We use major search engines every day that understand how we talk & deliver direct answers. Meanwhile, millions of business websites are stuck in throwback mode & still deliver a list of blue hyperlinks that are annoying & cumbersome to sort through. Enough is enough!
Were looking for a seasoned professional who has a deep understanding & appreciation for technology from 20 years ago to lead our bug bounty efforts. In addition to your own bounty work, youll grow a team of bounty hunters to scour the web for examples of terrible, bordering on offensive search experiences & help bring them to justice. Our current team is too advanced in its thinking to easily find these bad experiences. We need someone who is essentially stuck in 1999 (both mentally & in terms of your technology preferences) so that we can more easily recognize which websites are outdated.
What Youll Do
- Use Netscape to scrub the internet for unhelpful and/or inaccurate search results across several key business verticals (retail, healthcare, food & beverage, hospitality, & the mafia).
- Hack into & report on the backend search platforms responsible for these internet crimes -- we have a Keyword Search Warrant department to support you with custom made citations for offenders.
- Fax summary findings & trends on repeat offenders & businesses most negatively impacted.
What You Have
- B.S. in Criminal Justice, Pest Control or related field
- Experience as a bug bounty hunter, online pirate, or actual pirate
- Courage & emotional fortitude when confronting keyword search technology, whom we expect youll encounter many times in your hunting
- 56kb modem (or slower)
- Proficiency in MS-DOS
- A portable zip drive
- Frosted tips (optional)
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.