Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, & gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, & user experience. We are growing quickly, & this is the time to get on board & play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
The Computer Vision Data team at Magic Leap is responsible for creating large scale datasets for training, building & validating Computer Vision & Machine Learning algorithms. In this role you will work on creating tools for integrating ground truth data sources with Magic Leap sensor data, & on processing collected data to validate its quality, & extract metadata from it. This role will require working on a variety of platforms: On device, on local machines for integration, & on the cloud for processing at scale. In this role you will work across the computer vision stack, working on tools for head pose, world reconstruction, eye tracking, hand tracking, & more, & be exposed to many of the core technologies at Magic Leap.
- Design & build tools to record & save sensor data from Magic Leap devices & other XR devices
- Design & implement tools for integration with ground truth tools (motion capture, LIDAR, etc.)
- Design & develop tools that summarize & visualize data to drive data use in algorithm research & development
- Design & develop tools & procedures to find, visualize & improve curated data
- Work closely with Vision team members to define requirements & validate tool performance
- 3+ years of experience working with Python as a main programming language
- Some experience with C++ & web stack development
- Experience with Linux OS, docker & cloud platforms
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting & debugging skills
- Familiarity with Unity / Unreal - a plus for on device tools
- Familiarity with computer vision / deep learning - a plus