Zola is seeking a talented & passionate Software Engineer to join our platform engineering team & help make Zola the best wedding registry in the world. We value hard work, strong product sense, pragmatic problem-solving, & a passion for developing best-in-class user experiences.
Engineers at Zola are seen as valuable partners to the rest of the organization, & are expected to understand the product & business implications of what theyre building. Knowing why is just as important as knowing how. You should be comfortable working cross-functionally with various teams including engineering, product, growth, operations, customer service, & marketing.
Zola operates a service-oriented architecture written mostly in Java & deployed on Amazon Web Services. Our platform supports a wedding registry e-commerce business supporting hundreds of vendors as well as a wedding planning platform providing tools & guidance to thousands of couples. You will be part of a team responsible for the design, evolution, & maintenance of this platform as well as new products.
- Work with the product & engineering teams to design, develop, & maintain production ready systems & services.
- Proactively identify site scaling issues & help redesign systems to address them.
- Continually improve our internal infrastructure, tools & services.
- Provide technical feedback to other engineers through code reviews, design reviews & collaborative problem solving sessions.
- Participate in an on-call support rotation.
- Minimum of 3 years of backend/platform experience.
- Excellent programming skills with at least one language, preferably Java.
- A solid understanding of enterprise design patterns.
- Experience with a relational data store such as PostgreSQL & ideally one or more NoSQL data stores (e.g. Redis, MongoDB).
- Experience with distributed systems & web services.
- Experience with cloud-based services such as Amazon AWS.
- Familiarity with Linux-based systems.
- Expertise in Java or another JVM-based programming language.
- An interest in following, learning & leveraging AWS services where applicable.
- Experience with e-commerce systems & processes.
- Familiarity with frontend web technologies.
We are open to including new technologies where & when they make sense & always strive to push the limits of the e-commerce & web user experience.
Zola is the fastest growing wedding company in the country. We're reinventing the wedding planning & registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples' lives even happier. From engagement to wedding & decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools & technology. All in the service of love.
Headquartered in New York City, our team brings deep experience working on beautiful, award-winning e-commerce sites & mobile apps in past roles at Gilt Groupe, Yahoo, Amazon, J.Crew, Rent The Runway, Goldman Sachs, among many others. In 2017 the Wall Street Journal named Zola a top 25 Tech Company to Watch, & Forbes named Zola a Next Billion-Dollar Startup.