As a Senior Software Engineer on our Kubernetes Cloud Native Group, you will be helping re-architect the platform on public, private & hybrid clouds to allow for frequent, predictable & high impact changes. You will ensure that our world-class infrastructure is always available, responsive, & capable of meeting the diverse needs of a dynamic & high-powered development team. And youll be transforming our architecture to a modern services architecture that makes it easy for feature teams to leverage microservices & containerization technologies.
About the role
- Leveraging cutting edge technologies like Kubernetes, Docker, Vagrant, Memcache, Zookeeper, Terraform & designing & building new infrastructure features
- Becoming a master of our product infrastructure
- Keeping automated infrastructure up-to-date as dependent technologies evolve & scale
- Automating every aspect of our development lifecycle & help us in our mission to achieve continuous delivery
- Passionate about DevOps, Release Engineering & trends including CI/CD
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering
- Proficiency working in AWS or other cloud infrastructures like Azure or Google Cloud
- Experience designing & building software or software systems in an enterprise software or Saas/Paas environment
- Familiarity with monitoring & performance tools like Prometheus
- A strong knack for quickly learning complex technical concepts & Strong oral, written, & presentation skills
- Fluency in at least one programming language, such as Python, Golang, or Java
Appian helps organizations build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, & data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources & improve business results. Many of the worlds largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, & simplify global risk management & compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers & throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth & opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate & our employees are to thank for Appians success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com & let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.