Company Description|Job Description
Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses & economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary & have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Senior Account Manager, we want to hear from you - together, let's make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
This Senior Account Manager provides both strategic & tactical support to Visa's suite of commercial products in UK&I. This role will be a subject matter expert on appropriate Visa Business Solutions products, & will function as consultant to assigned clients, ensuring clients' objectives are achieved. This is an individual technicalrole that serves as a relationship manager to Financial Institutions. The ideal candidate have background in Commercial Payments, so as to best provide consultation & guidance to the client. This is not a sales role, & as such, the individual will be responsible for solving complex problems & taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Provide high value customer service support on day-to-day items to Visa Clients & internal staff to ensure customer expectations are exceeded; advocate on behalf of the clients
- Lead complex cross functional customer service delivery initiatives across clients & Visa internal teams
- Coordinate internal resources to accomplish Visa & client objectives
- Host & present monthly service management with assigned Financial Institutions
- Ensure prompt & comprehensive resolution of client inquiries as well as create & maintain updated support documentation - meeting required deadlines
- Build & enhance positive working relationships with key clients & internal stakeholders
- Represent client perspective within Visa organization to ensure enhancements are prioritized
- Proactively identify operational opportunities & implement recommendations to increase service quality & efficiency
- Report customer project accomplishments & deliverables to senior management
- Act as liaison for the client; provide problem management, proactive identification of processing efficiencies, & system enhancement support
- Educate & train clients on best practices for all supported services
- Represent complex customer change requests, system or operational requirements; negotiate & manage expectations internally & externally
- Develop & manage strategic planning, operational initiatives, special projects & client-driven continuous improvement plans
- Serve as an escalation point for complex issues
- Proactively notify clients regarding any widespread or business critical problems with the application, as well as scheduled periodic maintenance outages
- Stay current with the payment industry & client trends as well as maintain a strong knowledge of Visa products & services.
- Partner with assigned Account Executives to identify additional business opportunities.
- On call support & possible weekend hours
- Domestic travel may be required
- Produce yearly customer & departmental reporting for tracking customer or service issues
- Present client analysis to peers & leadership
- Develop & provide presentations to internal & external stakeholders as needed
- Coach all new staff & recognize training opportunities for all staff
- Provide leadership & communication; responsible for escalating to department management when issues arise that might jeopardize problem resolution.
What we're after
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Requires experience in a customer support role in financial services, payment card, software or information services.
- Must be a self-starter with proven abilities in organisational, conceptual, & logical problem solving
- Ability to manage assignments that are of diverse scope & complexity that require significant initiative & good judgement
- Ability to set priorities & manage customer expectations internally & externally, & work both as part of a team & independently
- Strong ability to manage projects effectively using project management principles
- Superb proficiency with troubleshooting & resolving complex issues
- Advanced comfort level with public speaking
- Customer focus with proven ability to establish productive working relationships with staff & management at all levels.
- While this is a customer service role (not IT), experience in troubleshooting complex web applications, application programming interfaces (APIs) gateways, integration or environment issues is a plus
- Strong skills in Excel for data analysis.
- Advanced Power point for professional presentations.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation & interpersonal skills required.
- Understanding of basic accounting principles including cost allocation methods a plus.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge & inspire you - we'd love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.