The Squarespace Finance Team manages Financial Planning, Accounting, & Analysis of our financial performance. We are looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst to support the Finance Team's analytical efforts in driving Squarespace's financial success.
In this role, you will leverage your technical & analytical skillset to create data sets, design analyses & partner with the FP&A,Accounting, Tax & other financial teams to answer complex questions about the company's financial & operational performance. You will be asked to manage individual projects & team projects with people across the Squarespace organization. You relish opportunities to evaluate existing workstreams & find ways to remove pain points & inefficiencies. You are excited to work in a new area of a business shaping its success.
You will be expected to be a member of the Finance Business Systems team, asking a lot of questions to learn on the job & grow along with the company. You will report to the Business Intelligence Manager, Finance in our New York headquarters.
- Become an expert in Squarespace's financial data & reporting landscape; leverage that knowledge to improve reporting processes, usage & efficacy
- Build & manage implementation & documentation of data pipelines, dashboards & reports with full accuracy to enhance performance visibility & provide strategic business insight
- Collaborate with FP&A to proactively identify business patterns through quantitative data analysis
- Ensure departmental access to accurate & complete data sets required for key revenue recognition, accounting & company reporting processes
- Understand new reporting & analysis requests to develop dashboards solutions
- Partner cross-functionally to streamline & automate reporting processes
- Create all the technical implementations & documentation associated with the dashboards & work toward 100% accuracy
- Provide data & analysis to answer complex ad hoc questions
- 3 or more years of experience working with complex datasets to evaluate business & financial performance.
- 1 or more year of experience in or supporting a Finance, Business Operations, Sales Support Operations, or relevant operational support roles with at least basic knowledge of key FP&A & Accounting processes
- Mastery of SQL & experience with BI reporting (i.e. Looker, Tableau) & databases (dimensional & relational), including data ingestion.
- Advanced Excel/google sheets skills including pivots, vlookups, ability to build complex formulas
- Familiarity with Git, DBT & Workato preferred
- Familiarity with writing custom ETL solutions preferred
- Experience transforming large datasets into consumable insights
- Experience building relationships with stakeholders & helping them make decisions at various levels
- Experience streamlining processes by reducing manual processes & increasing accuracy
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pretax commuter benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch & snacks
- Private rooftop
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building & ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand & transact with their customers in an impactful & beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects & businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, & scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold & hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries & territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California & Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.