Alto is a modern pharmacy changing the way people manage & fill their prescriptions with its tech-driven, patient-centric, online pharmacy. Alto provides same-day, free delivery, seven days a week for prescriptions. More importantly, Alto offers cost transparency, personalized mobile support, & real-time coordination with doctors & insurance companies. Our mission is to fulfill medicines true purpose - to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it.
We focus solely on patients' healthcare needs, & we are changing the pharmacy landscape. We are a Series C startup with over $74M in funding & a current run rate of over $200M (4x a year ago). Start-up tracker, CB Insights, listed Alto as one of the top 50 private companies around the world on a path to a $1 billion valuation. Alto is also featured in The New York Times (2/19) article These 50 Start-Ups Maybe the Next Unicorns.
Alto is building the world's most patient-centric, tech enabled pharmacy, & we are seeking a talented Senior Accountant to be a key member of our quickly growing team. Youll support the finance team to timely & accurately perform various tasks needed for the monthly close. This position will also be responsible for assisting in developing processes & procedures to ensure all general ledger activity is maintained in accordance with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). The ideal candidate is a dynamic, self-starter, focused on continuous improvement, who demonstrates intense passion for all that they do.
What you'll do
- Perform monthly close activities including assisting with timely preparation of the monthly reporting package, GL management (including detailed review of accruals, prepaids, fixed assets, intangibles etc.) & preparation of flux analysis
- Conduct monthly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting & ledger maintenance
- Analyze financial statements for discrepancies & other issues that should be brought to the Assistant Controllers attention
- Review coding of expenses related to the company credit cards & vendor invoices
- Work with management to ensure all bills are paid in a timely fashion & reconcile AP on a monthly basis
- Research new accounting guidance & exposure drafts, & clearly communicate findings
- Assist in the preparation of financial information for taxes, regulatory agencies, & stockholders
- Maintain company accounting procedures & processes & ensure compliance
- Strengthen & document internal controls
- Identify & implement procedures to improve efficiency
- Assist with year-end audits
What You'll Need
- 4+ years of increasing responsibility within accounting roles
- Big 4 public accounting experience
- Ability to analyze financial records & interpret for other departments
- Meticulous attention to detail & effective communication skills (verbal & written)
- Proactive in identifying process inefficiencies & offer suggestions for improvements
- Self-directed, able to perform responsibilities independently with minimal direction
- Excelled computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite knowledge
- Strong desire to be a team player & help in whatever capacity possible
- Willing & eager to learn!
- Proficiency with accounting software & experience with a software system implementation a plus
- Industry experience in healthcare a plus
- A passion for Altos mission & values!
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- CPA is a plus
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer & all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.