Customer First. Experience Driven. World Class Experiences.
The Role Youll Play
As a product design principal you will work closely with the Product, Engineering, & Leadership teams to craft unbeatable user experiences that delight our customers.
You will build solutions that help clients explore, visualize, collaborate, & make decisions using data. This will include the ideation & creation of new products & features as well as improving & redesigning legacy parts of our platform.
Your work will be seen by hundreds of Fortune 1000 customers, the top VCs in the world and 600,000+ newsletter subscribers.
About the design team
The CB Insights design team is a small & collaborative group of hardworking individuals. We know success comes from a team that can trust, challenge, & learn from one another. We value autonomy & heads down time giving each other the space to take ownership & experiment. We are constantly evolving to ensure our processes are working hard for us, not the other way around. Designers work with teams across the organization & have direct access to leadership. Our work is highly visible & directly impacts the future of the CB insights platform, branding, & customer experience.
Your Main Tasks
- Collaborate with our Product Managers, Technical Program Managers, engineers & business stakeholders to translate customer problems into clean, intuitive, & functional experiences
- Combine UX thinking with design execution, to produce, delightful, intuitive, & accessible user experiences
- Research needs & validate solutions with users
- Facilitate a collaborative design process soliciting feedback early & often
- Rapidly ideate & validate designs using data, sketches, prototypes, & testing
- Present your point of view & advocate for the user in wireframe & design reviews with Leadership, Product, & Engineering
- Ensure high quality implementation, working closely with Technical Program Managers & Engineering
- Scale & contribute to the CB Insights design language systems & guide implementation & anatomy
- Help build out product design processes, tools, & culture
- Act as a mentor to product designers & other team members to mature our user research practice, foster data-informed decision making, & uphold product quality
What you bring to the table
- 5+ years of product design experience
- Expertise in shipping high quality product experiences with a portfolio showcasing process, a human-centered approach, & a strong eye for detail; you must provide a link to your portfolio (and password if applicable) to be considered for this role
- Proficiency in UX, UI, wireframing, research, & design systems
- Strong understanding of information hierarchy, usability, & design principles
- Experience designing for a software development company with a data heavy product
- Systems thinker - have a holistic understanding of user needs by exploring the interconnected complexities of the current system & working to optimize when possible
- Fluency in the latest product design tools & technology (e.g. Sketch, Abstract, JIRA, etc.)
- Team player with strong communication skills
- Seeks feedback early & often with an iterative, user-centric approach to designing experiences
- Makes high quality decisions quickly; highly developed time-management, prioritization & organizational skills
- Bachelor's degree in design or relevant field
Whats CB Insights All About
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore & exploit emerging technologies. We help the worlds leading companies accelerate their digital strategy & transformation with data, not opinion. Our Technology Insights Platform fuses machine & human intelligence to help you discover & manage your response to emerging technology startups & markets.
Youll be successful here if
- You can make decisions quickly with a deep understanding of the bigger picture
- You're obsessed with details & have great visual design skills
- You are someone who is comfortable setting direction
- You have strong cross-functional communication skills & experience working with leadership
- You approach design with a high level of user empathy
- You are curious, & willing to go above & beyond the job description (AKA no job is too small)
- You are self-aware & humble
- Amazing culture that emphasizes folks who have high standards, humility, hunger, helpfulness & who work hard. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 600k people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA & FSA options, dental, & vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest & Relax: Competitive vacation & holiday plans
- Refuel: Daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving & creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team & encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here & you'll be eligible for $5,000!