Away is seeking a seasoned paid search (SEM / PPC) marketer to lead our global paid search program across Google & Bing Ads.
In this role, you will lead strategic planning for paid search on Google & Bing, oversee campaign development & execution in new & existing markets, & define our capabilities roadmap as new platform features are rolled out & made available across text, shopping (PLA), & discovery ads. The ideal candidate will have a significant track record of success in paid search for international e-commerce & retail brands, with a deep understanding of architecting accounts for scale, auction mechanics, bid & budget management, localization considerations, & account automation techniques.
This individual contributor role reports to our Head of Acquisition Marketing & is based out of our SoHo headquarters in New York City. As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this position.
Some what you'll do:
- Lead strategy & execution of paid search campaigns on Google & Bing, maximizing revenue while delivering on efficiency goals in our domestic (US) & international markets (primarily Canada, Europe, & Australia).
- Perform routine optimization for paid search campaigns, including: keyword research & expansion, bid strategy management, budget allocation, forecasting, performance monitoring, ad format & dynamic creative testing, etc.
- Monitor & analyze competitor activity, marketplace trends, & impression share, & adjust our domestic & international strategies accordingly.
- Set the strategic roadmap for both implementing best practices & pioneering test-and-learn initiatives to generate competitive advantages within our auctions, incorporating the latest features & capabilities of each platform.
- Partner with our Creative & International teams to rapidly test & localize conversion-oriented ad copy, increasing revenue & efficiency while generating broader learnings for each market.
- Partner with our Data team to synthesize search behavior trends & changes in purchase intent across product categories in order to stay current on opportunities within each of our markets.
This role may be a fit for you if:
- You have at least 5 years of experience in paid search, preferably at a high-growth consumer brand managing multi-million dollar budgets, or at an agency where you actively managed SEM / PPC campaigns (including PLA) at scale within your book of clients.
- You have experience running international campaigns at significant scale, including campaigns running non-English copy & ad assets.
- You are very familiar with managing campaigns through one or more of the major bid management solutions (Google Marketing Platform, Google Ads Editor, Kenshoo, Marin) & have a working knowledge of relative strengths & limitations of each.
- You are an expert at data-driven analysis in Excel / Google Sheets, & may have exposure to data visualization through tools like Looker or Tableau.
- You have worked with brand-side copywriters & Creative teams to thoughtfully develop & test brand-elevating copy that also drives performance.
- You can confidently handle product feed updates yourself, or are otherwise technical enough to provide engineers with helpful guidance that reduces implementation time for any necessary edits.
- You add to our company culture & embody our core values of being thoughtful, iterative, empowered, customer-obsessed, in it together, & accessible.
- Youre passionate about travel (but thats a given!)
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel.We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people.We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career.Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive.Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages.We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more...!You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup. We have also raised more than $156M intotal equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, were expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness & lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US & abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? Were hiring!