About This Position
Are you a tech-savvy marketer excited about continuously testing & learning? We're looking for an Email Marketing Associate to join our Growth team & help shape our email marketing & operations. As the Email Marketing Associate, you will play an instrumental role in the day-to-day execution, management, reporting, & optimization of Ellevest's emails. As a member of the Growth team, youll also benefit from broad exposure to a range of disciplines within a high-growth start-up environment (marketing, content, design, product, operations, engineering, compliance), including a window into how your work influences top-line company goals.
- Own production of What the Elle, Ellevests newsletter, working collaboratively with copy, design, & data teams to improve key metrics
- Produce email campaigns to support crucial company goals like customer growth, conversion, client satisfaction, & more
- Work closely with the Email Marketing Manager to define email production & implementation schedule
- Lead project management for emails across milestones like copy, design, approvals, build, & QA
- Analyze email data independently & in partnership with the data team
- Follow email QA & deployment processes to ensure accurate content, design, segmentation, & cross-device rendering
- Manage digital records of all Ellevest emails to aid in compliance with investment advisor regulations
- Chip in on various marketing team projects as needed
- At least one year of professional experience in digital marketing production and/or digital marketing project management, preferably within a start-up environment
- Experience with a professional email marketing platform
- Comfort with basic HTML & aptitude to learn new technologies
- Exceptional attention to detail (bonus points if you can spot the typo in this job listing)
- Excellent communication skills & ability to project manage across multiple stakeholders
- Ability & desire to adapt to a fast-paced & dynamic work environment. This includes working independently & on a team.
- Passion for our women-oriented mission
Ellevest is a transformative technology company created to help women achieve their financial potential. Ellevest helps women take control of their financial futures through investing, with a beautifully designed digital platform backed by an incredibly smart algorithm. Ellevest was co-founded by Wall Street veteran Sallie Krawcheck, chair of the Ellevate Network, previously CEO of Smith Barney & Merrill Lynch Wealth Management, formerly CFO of Citi, & author of Own It: The Power of Women at Work. Ellevest has raised over $44MM from investors like Rethink Impact, Salesforce Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Morningstar, & Venus Williams.
Ellevest has flipped the traditional approach to investing with a real-life, goal-based approach. Clients select personal financial goals such as buying a home, starting a business, raising a family, & retiring well, among others. Ellevest is unique in taking into account a womans longer lifespan & different salary curve, combined with her current financial picture, to construct highly customized investment portfolios for each of her goals. Ellevests unique algorithms are designed to get the client to her goal number or better in 70% of market scenarios, higher that traditional financial advisors.
Working at Ellevest
Ellevest is a leading tech company in New York City, with a thriving team across our engineering, product, marketing, client experience, investments, & operations organizations. We place a major emphasis on building a team & working environment where individuals can succeed professionally & personally. As a team member at Ellevest, you can expect to make a difference through your work, to have a direct impact on the achievement of a very meaningful mission, to significantly advance your career trajectory, & to have room for fun & fulfillment in your daily life. We know that achieving a mission as critical as ours requires incredible talent & teamwork, & team is the most important thing to us.
In 2018, Ellevest was awarded the #14 spot on LinkedIns list of most sought-after start-ups, as well as a spot on CNBCs Disruptor 50 list -- identifying start-ups on the cutting edge of huge consumer, tech & business shifts. In 2017, Ellevest was named one of Entrepreneur Magazines 100 Brilliant Ideas, & CNBC listed Ellevest as one of their Top 25 Most Promising Start-ups on a path to becoming tomorrows household names. We were also named one of Entrepreneur Magazines 100 Brilliant Ideas. We are working every day to make this a reality, & create a brand & a service that closes the female money gap.
Some Benefits of Working at Ellevest
Flexible Schedule & Vacation
Beautiful Office in Flatiron
Health, vision, & dental insurance
Parental leave policy
Retirement savings plan (401k)
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note: Instead of a cover letter, we ask you to answer the three questions at the bottom of this application.