KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technologyevery process & every product.
We provide end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of KATERRA's cultural principles is Diversity.We believe different backgrounds, ideas, & skillsets result in better outcomes.KATERRA does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. KATERRA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans & those with diverse life experiences.
Facilities Maintenance Technician
Katerra is redefining the multi-trillion dollar construction industry by bringing tech-centric innovation to Architecture & product design, construction, manufacturing, supply-chain & customer service. The team is a unique blend of talent from Google, Amazon, & Flextronics along with Construction Industry professionals. Katerras vision is to make leading edge buildings affordable & accessible to everyone in the world.
The maintenance/electrical technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties including troubleshooting, repairing & maintaining production & facility equipment according to production schedules to support the sites business goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Report on services requiring outside contractors such as plumbers or electricians.
- Uses technical knowledge, tools, techniques & procedures to identify, understand & resolve technical problems.
- Requires minimal direct supervision, performs some assignments independently.
- Good communication / customer service skills. Takes direction & works well with others.
- Comply with all workplace safety requirements including but not limited to
- Personal protective equipment (hard hats, safety glasses, hearing protection)
- Equipment lockout tag out procedures
- Electrical safety procedures (i.e. NFPA 70, lockout/tag out, arc flash,
- EPA-approved Section 608 Technician Certification
- Knowledge of building systems including MEP.
- Knowledge of backup generators
- HVAC controls troubleshooting experience
- Fire pump inspection, testing & maintenance
- Schedules Sub Contractor work & oversees such work
- Taping & finishing walls Basic carpentry including framing & drywall
- Perform preventative maintenance on building systems & special projects as assigned
- Inspections of buildings & equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions
- Specify parts & supplies as required to MRO Coordinator.
- Must be computer literate - they will be taught to use our software for PM & be responsible for keeping it up to date
- Be service oriented, Prioritize service calls, & follow-up upon completion.
- English literacy is a must & ability to read complex manuals
- Help maintenance department on other jobs as assigned.
- Available to work on weekends & any shift as assigned.
Required Skills & Experience
- High school diploma/GED Equivalent/Trade.
- An AA degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial maintenance is a plus.
- 5+ years of electrical troubleshooting & PLC/Automation experience
- Manufacturing experience; hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical & industrial skills.
- Ability to operate a lift truck.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member may be exposed to noise, wood products, plastics, lubricants, moving mechanical parts & vibration.
- This position is very active & requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling & climbing. Candidate must be able to physically perform these tasks, sometime for extended periods of time.
- Need to be able to access all levels & areas of the facility.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception & ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to communicate effectively (written, verbal & presentation skills) & maintain a professional level of interaction with all members of the company to deliver accurate information.
- Must be computer literate & proficient in Microsoft Office applications, Word, Excel, Windows OS & ERP Systems
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.