Alto is a modern pharmacy changing the way people manage & fill their prescriptions with a tech-driven, patient-centric, online pharmacy. Alto provides same-day, free delivery, seven days a week for prescriptions. More importantly, Alto offers cost transparency, personalized mobile support, & real-time coordination with doctors & insurance companies. Our mission is to fulfill medicines true purpose - to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it.
We recently raised our Series C, surpassed 200 employees across four locations, & are on track to achieve $1B ARR by the end of 2020. Start-up tracker, CB Insights, recently listed Alto as one of the top 50 private companies around the world on a path to a $1 billion valuation. Alto is also featured in The New York Times (2/19) article These 50 Start-Ups May be the Next Unicorns.
As the Payroll Manager at Alto, you'll own the payroll process from start to finish. You have enough depth of experience within the payroll world to create new systems for a growing company, & the humility to implement them. You will ensure the configuration of ADP meets Altos needs as we scale & establish appropriate workflows to ensure all of our employees are paid efficiently, correctly, & on time. You are team-focused, goal-oriented, & will partner collaboratively with our Finance & People teams.
- Own the entire payroll & time & attendance process, using ADP Workforce Now/Time & Attendance
- Build Alto's payroll strategy & processes as we grow our employee base & scale in new markets in the US
- Partner with HR leadership to shape Alto's payroll & benefits systems & processes
- Manage efficient workflows for processing the bi-weekly (W2) & weekly (1099) cycles reporting & year-end processing
- Create standard audit reports & ensure configurations are set up appropriately, including benefits deductions
- Partner with employees & managers to ensure time cards are accurate & approved in a timely fashion, & train employees on how to use ADP
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Have at least 5+ years of experience processing payroll for exempt, non-exempt, & independent contractors
- Have an in-depth understanding of ADP Workforce Now
- Are a strong communicator, with the ability to partner & influence across levels & functions, including senior leadership
- Love data validation & ensuring data integrity across systems
- Are a self-directed, strategic, & detail-oriented problem solver with demonstrated experience developing & improving processes
- Have a passion for Altos mission & values & are able to stay organized & prioritize in a start-up environment
Its a plus if you:
- Have experience with multiple HRIS systems, including BambooHR
- Are experienced with managing vendors, with an interest in elevating how Alto leverages vendors to execute on People Ops projects
- Have strong project management skills
Youll love this role if you:
- Enjoy playing a key roleas part of a fast-paced & ever-changing, mission-driven start up
- Prefer a Payroll position where you own the Payroll roadmap & process end-to-end, collaborate with leadership on multiple teams, & build or revamp new processes as the company scales
- Want a passionate, humble, & exciting culture,and to be a part of Altos success
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer & all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.