About BuzzFeed & HuffPost
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet. BuzzFeeds portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, HuffPost, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved, to name a few.
In 2021, BuzzFeed acquired HuffPost, a leading source of news & commentary for the most diverse & connected generation ever. HuffPost believes in putting people before power & telling the stories that too often go unheard, from the voices that matter. With this acquisition, BuzzFeeds scale, engagement & cultural impact will be unrivaled.
As a Senior Product Designer, youll have the opportunity to work on a wide range of products across HuffPosts website, apps & publishing tools.
Senior Product Designers take design ownership of large projects & are leaders in their cross-discipline group. They assume responsibility for design quality across their immediate & adjacent product groups & collaborate with their group to define roadmaps & goals.
The Product Design team at BuzzFeed is made up of multidisciplinary designers, who are individually responsible for all aspects of design: user research, UX design, visual design, prototyping and, on the web, front-end implementation. Additionally, our designers are key collaborators when it comes to cross-disciplinary activities such as product discovery & A/B experiment definition, design & analysis. You can read more about BuzzFeeds recruiting practices & our role documentation on Github. You can also read about our latest diversity numbers.
- Lead & execute all aspects of design in a cross-functional team, including: user research, UX design, visual design, & prototyping
- Foster a collaborative, cross-disciplinary design process
- Lead the vision for your product area alongside Product, Engineering, & Data Science leads to inform your teams roadmap
- Solicit direct & impactful feedback from your manager, stakeholders, other designers, & cross-discipline team; filtering & prioritizing various types of feedback on your own & with your immediate cross-discipline team
- Provide direct & impactful feedback to other designers on the team, help designers on adjacent product teams grow their skills
- Partner with User Research & Data Science to define what qualitative & quantitative data will be important at the onset of a project & make changes based on data analysis
- Experience designing products & features for web & apps
- Experience balancing a thoughtful design process with tight deadlines
- Experience collaborating with people across multiple disciplines
- Experience providing thoughtful, direct, & clear design feedback
- Interest in mentoring designers to grow their skills
- You enjoy working across all aspects of design, leading a project from conception through completion
- In addition to UX skills, you have strong visual skills & understanding of layout, typography, & visual hierarchy
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.