The Tock Engineering team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack) to help us build the next generation restaurant ticketing system, based on the tried & true (and proven) system deployed at world-class restaurants such as Alinea, Next, The French Laundry, & more. We're looking for engineers who are generalistsyou'll work with a mix of front & back-end web development tools. Our team is pretty small (almost a dozen engineers & a few designers), & undergoing exponential growth, so there's a great opportunity for you to make a difference.
You will report directly to the Director of Engineering & will be a full-time remote position.
All Tock employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices & provides flexibility for our employees.
You'll Get To...
- Build next-generation web applications that are fast & responsive
- Be able to build a feature or enhancement, starting with engineering design taking it all the way to production
- Contribute to core team culture & contribute code to efforts across a fast-growing company
- Support, maintain & upgrade code & participate in necessary design & implementation of a complex system
Who We're Looking For
- At least 3 years of experience building software. Experience being a tech-lead is a plus
- Understand all parts of a modern web-based application stack from Frontend, Backend to Production
- A specialist in at least one part of the stackbackend or production infrastructure
- A self-motivated individual who works well with little direction
- Enjoys being part of a team that works & learns together
- Has excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Prefers to experiment & use data to drive decision making
- Loves making & building things as part of a growing team
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan for all employees
- 401k with employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Commuter benefit in the form of pretax (US)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Charitable donation match
- Awarded Fast Company's "Most Innovative Companies" in 2021
- Awarded Built In's "Best Places to Work" in 2020, 2021, & 2022
- Awarded America's Hottest Brands of 2020 by AdAge
- Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 30 countries operating in 200+ cities
- Processed over $1 billion in prepaid reservations
- Named one of 2019's 50 Startups to Watch
- Featured in: New York Times, Bloomberg, GQ, Vice, Wired, Food & Wine, Eater, Skift Table, Chicago Tribune, Crain's Chicago Business, New York Post, & more
Tock is the all-in-one system for reservations, takeout, delivery, & events. We are changing the way restaurants, wineries, & culinary event organizers run their business & how guests explore, discover, & book at these places all around the globe.
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building & ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand & transact with their customers in an impactful & beautiful online presence. Our suite of products enables anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects & businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, & scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold & hospitality business management via Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to best-in-class design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries & territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touch points to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California & Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Tock, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.