Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why, & Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. We believe that communication should be at the heart of every product & customer experience. Unfortunately, communications can also be misused by bad actors who attempt to game the system for nefarious purposes. We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to own & lead our Risk Platform. Our customers range from individual developers to large enterprises that are well known brand names & they collectively interact with millions of consumers globally. The PM, Risk Platform will define the vision & strategy for our risk platform with the goal of preventing fraud & abuse & helping Twilio ensure trusted communications with our customers & consumers globally. The ideal candidate for this role should be passionate about protecting consumers & developing creative solutions to combat fraud & mitigate risk.
Success in this role requires building & maintaining strong relationships across operations, support, data science, security, & other product teams. We are seeking an Owner with strong product vision, intellectual curiosity, data-driven prioritization, leadership, & execution skills.
We are excited about the candidates with the following traits:
- 5+ years of Product Management experience, leading products from development to launch.
- You are knowledgeable about different data science techniques & how they are applied.
- You are experienced & comfortable working at the technical level, understanding APIs & data.
- You are experienced working on a self-organizing agile software team.
- You have an analytical mindset & understand data systems.
- You are detail-oriented with great organizational skills & comfort with ambiguity.
- You have excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- You have a Bachelors/Masters degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience managing products/ services in the compliance, fraud, abuse or user protection space preferred but not required.
- Own & shape the product roadmap for our risk platform, building the products, tools & analytical systems we use for detecting & remediating fraud & unwanted communications, across all channels in our network.
- Collaborate with other product teams & operations teams to improve effectiveness to scale with Twilios fast growing platform.
- Strategize & iteratively develop new solutions with data science & engineering to combat changing fraud patterns & new vectors.
- Write & present detailed product deliverables on key initiatives to executives & stakeholders.
- Get involved with industry meet-ups & associations to stay on top of new trends & best practices.
- Get your hands dirty to remove barriers & obstacles hindering your engineering teams ability to ship.
As Twilio grows, our platform for global communications becomes a larger target for fraud, abuse & unwanted communications. This role owns our investments & plans for managing & mitigating these ever-changing risks across the business while enabling Twilio & our customers to have a frictionless trajectory for growth. You will work closely with other product teams on visible projects with impact across the company. Your success is highly measurable, affecting Twilios bottom line & our reputation in the larger communications ecosystem.
This position is a remote position (work from home) with at least 25-35% travel expected, most often to our offices in San Francisco & Denver as well as to visit global teams & industry meetings & events globally. When visiting our offices, you will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands & more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.