At WeWork, data sits in the center of our business, providing insights into the effectiveness of our physical & digital product & features. We believe data brings everything together & it is the only way we make decisions.
We are seeking Data Analysts to join the Data & Analytics organization & provide insights & recommendations to drive the strategic direction for WeWorks technology teams. The Data & Analytics group performs a wide breadth of work: from analyzing space utilization via sensor data & member engagement via sentiment analysis, to optimizing our construction process & developing recommendation engines across our software products.
The ideal person for this role is highly analytical, thinks about problems in a structured way, is passionate about generating hypotheses for business problems, & is excellent at delivering actionable insights & recommendations.
- Work with product, engineering, & business leaders to find opportunities to improve & enhance our technology products & business processes
- Use data to inform & influence the direction of product team roadmaps & inform product decisions
- Use statistical & inferential methods to deepen our understanding of patterns/trends in user behavior, design experiments, & uncover new opportunities
- Work with stakeholders to formulate quantitative & measurable objectives that have an impact on the business
- Formulate & refine questions, & explore data to discover meaningful relationships or insights
- Deliver compelling data stories to drive awareness & understanding of metrics & experiment results
- 3+ years of experience (5+ preferred) in quantitative analysis or data science
- Solid understanding of methods in statistical analysis (e.g., supervised/unsupervised machine learning methods, hypothesis testing, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills, with experience breaking down a large problem into smaller, solvable components
- Solid skills in data extraction & transformation with SQL
- Strong skills in data exploration, analysis, & visualization with Python or R
- Experience with BI & data visualization tools like Looker or Tableau
- Ability to initiate & drive projects to completion
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills; with the ability to communicate the results of your work in meaningful ways
- Strong collaboration skills with both technical & non-technical groups
Nice to Have
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field (e.g., mathematics, computer science, physics, economics, engineering, operations research, quantitative social science).
- Experience in product analytics, user modeling or experimentation.
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members across the globe space, community, & services that enable them to do what they love & craft their life's work. Our mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, & our own team members are central to that goal.
We are building software for physical space that uses data & technology at each point in the building process, such that it can make better sourcing decisions, improve its designs, build faster & smarter, & ultimately improve the lives of the people working within its buildings. Our state of the art technologies & dedication to technological innovation are key reasons why WeWork has been able to scale from operating one workspace location to more than 210 in just over eight years.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.