CLEAR helps create safer, easier experiences everywhere you go. We believe you are you & by using your biometrics your eyes, face, & fingerprints we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctors office, access your office building, & more without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, venues & more. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a persons digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk & restore peace of mind.
Were defining & leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, & investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBCs Disruptor 50 List for the second year in a row & winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, CLEAR is providing innovative technology options for businesses & our 5+ million members to help create a safer environment no matter where you go.
Were looking for a technical accountant to build out our reporting functional & technical accounting policies. You will focus on creating accurate reporting & implementing new accounting standards. Your responsibilities will include preparing accounting white papers, maintaining accounting policy manuals & reviewing new accounting standards for adoption.
The ideal candidate will have had experience in SEC reporting, authoring accounting manuals & implementing systems & process.
What You Will Do:
- Prepare & maintain CLEAR's technical accounting white papers on significant accounting areas, as well as the Company's accounting policy manuals
- Analyze new & proposed accounting standards issued by the SEC & the FASB to determine the impact on the company & implement new accounting standards, as required
- Responsible for month-end close activities associated with equity accounts (stock compensation journal entries); review equity transactions & prepare reconciliations of the general ledger to the supporting documents
- Responsible for preparation of statement of equity rollforward, statement of cash flows, & calculation of basic & diluted earnings per share
- Establish the SEC/external Reporting function. Evaluate & implement systems, processes, & procedures to support the transition from a Pre-IPO Company to a public company
- Draft & coordinate the preparation of quarterly & annual SEC disclosures for MD&A & financial statement footnotes as required in Forms 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K earnings releases & other SEC filings
- Prepare all supporting work papers for financial statements & filings & work with the companys auditors for review
Who You Are:
- 8+ years of experience in Accounting and/or Finance roles, including Big 4 accounting firm experience, National office or Consulting advisory experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP applicable to the technology industry
- CPA required
- Workiva experience is a plus
- Experience in implementing new systems or processes
- Advanced knowledge of US GAAP & SEC Reporting requirements
- Scrappiness & resourcefulness, no fear of getting your hands dirty, & an impulse to be the first to tackle a problem
- Strong Excel skills & experience with Looker or other reporting tools
- Impeccable verbal & written communication skills