Min. Experience: Entry-Mid Level
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. Our advanced AI platform delivers relevant, actionable information alerts in real time. We detect the earliest signals on real-time risks within an increasingly diverse & complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, & better crisis management for public & commercial sector organizations across the globe.
We've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices & raised $392 million in funding at a $1.6 billion valuation in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work together & have fun.
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI & real-time information as a force for good in the world. Join us & help the world operate in real time.
Who you are:
You are a highly motivated individual who is excited about taking your passion for news to a growing technology start up. You are a team player & thrive in a fast paced, newsroom atmosphere where you can you utilize your fluency in Mandarin Chinese (Simplified or Traditional) to be our in house expert on the propagation of media across Asia. In this role you will have your finger on the pulse of what moves Dataminr.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on Asia, news & developments
- Utilize your strong background in journalism, Asian studies & Mandarin Chinese (Simplified or Traditional) language to monitor & analyze the quality of our data feeds & signals
- Conduct both qualitative & technical research to assess new product features & provide feedback to engineering & product teams
- QA software & identify any issues to elevate to our product & engineering teams
- Liaise with Sales & Marketing teams to provide technical assessments as required
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required; concentration in journalism, Chinese studies, or a closely related field strongly preferred
- Fluency in English required
- Strong Language proficiency in Mandarin Chinese (native-level fluency preferred)
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- 1-5 years experience covering spot news at a news organization focused on Asian news
- Ability to monitor & analyze data quickly in both Chinese & English
- Demonstrated expertise & a passion for technology, social media (specifically Twitter), & following world news & current events
- Self-motivation & an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a collaborative work environment
- Ability to work both collaboratively & independently within a team setting
- Technical knowledge of APIs & Data Analytics is a plus
Our offering of competitive benefits & perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees & their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability & life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks & beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.