Manager of Partnerships & Business Development
We believe sports are important because they encourage leadership, teamwork, dedication, & confidencecritical life lessons that have the power to propel young athletes toward meaningful futures. GameChanger recognizes that without coaches, parents, & volunteers, organized youth sports could not exist. We celebrate those tireless heroes & make it our mission to help them do what they do best.
The value that GC delivers is immeasurable. Todays families are juggling sports schedules for multiple children & cant always be at the game. Instead, parents, friends, & families huddle around the GC digital campfire to watch it live on GameStream as the AI announces & animates the game in real-time. Also, coaches & players benefit from sound developmental insights found in the150 stats, spray charts, & team management solutions that help coaches spend more time on the field.
Backed by the resources of DICKS Sporting Goods (NYSE: DKS), GameChanger is the uncontested leader in its space, having built a sizable audience with a cult-like following. With over four million games scored, seven million followers, & nearly a half-billion teams, the stage is set to catapult GC to new heights. GC is a high growth company with revenue more than doubling from 2017 to 2019 & a robust growth outlook. Headquartered in downtown Manhattan, you will have all of the experiences of working in a start-up environment while having the backing of a large organization.
The Manager of Partnerships & Business Development will be responsible for driving acquisition with partners including building & nurturing new & existing relationships that drive ROI. The Manager reports into the Vice President of Marketing. This role requires a passion for youth sports, strong interpersonal skills, ability to set a vision, execute at events, & deliver winning go-to-market strategies. The company is located in New York, but we are open to remote locations.
Key Area of Responsibility:
- Drive acquisition & subscriber growth through strategic partnerships including NGB's leagues & associations across youth sports.
- Negotiate new win/win relationships that expand GameChangers reach & adoption of our scoring & team management solutions.
- Plan & execute go-to-market strategies & on-going marketing activities to drive adoption & growth.
- Drive messaging & activation at key industry events, venues, & digital destinations to ensure that the GC message squarely lands with our target.
- Attend industry events, represent GC in speaking engagements & proactively bring forth new opportunities.
- Research, discover & share new trends in sports & marketing to develop new & innovative opportunities for the company.
- Apply knowledge of assigned digital media channels, consumer trends, & business needs to identify & implement creative ways of connecting with & engaging customers.
- Deliver a data-driven ROI lens to evaluate partnerships that inform marketing decisions that enable GC to vigorously prioritize areas of focus.
- Leverage existing relationships that fast-track growth opportunities in the near & longer-term.
- Create selling tools & enablers that can be leveraged across the broader Dicks Sporting Goods Organization & with strategic partners.
- Effective cross-collaboration with all core functions to translate product development in business development tactics that drive adoption & consumer satisfaction.
- Bachelors degree in business or marketing; MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of driving acquisition & subscriber growth through strategic partnerships.
- Candidate has worked in the Sports Tech industry, is familiar with key external stakeholders related to youth sports, & has a proven track record of developing business relationships that lead to growth.
- Skilled in working effectively across multiple departments & external parties
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-performance group with multiple projects at one time.
- Strong desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment & brand & to contribute to innovation within the organization
- Highest level of client services experience with the ability to act quickly & thoughtfully
- Excellent written & verbal communications skills with the ability to communicate to all levels of an organization
- Passion for the sports industry, & natural curiosity regarding future trends & how to position the business for growth in the face of continual evolution.
- Excellent analytical & critical thinking skills for planning on sales execution.
- Proficiency in GSuite and/or Microsoft Office suite of products.
- A passion for all things Sports!
- Be part of a diverse team of genuinely kind individuals dedicated to improving the lives of our customers.
- Benefits include medical, vision, prescription, dental, FSA/HRA, & coverage for family/dependents.
- Generous maternity/paternity leave policy.
- Commuter Benefits.
- Learning opportunities including clubs, lunch tech talks, conference attendance, & participation in hack days.
- Organized lunches & team outings.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.