Company Description|Job Description
At Guardant Health our mission is to conquer cancer with data; as such software sits at the core of everything we do. While we're best known for our molecular diagnostics, which unlock the genomic signatures of cancer, these tests are just the first step in the equation. Turning this genomic data into actionable insights shared with thousands of patients, physicians, & researchers in a scalable, reliable, & secure fashion is a software product challenge.
We are building a unique software stack to manage an ecosystem of microservices, RESTful APIs, & data integrations with internal & external systems to deliver useful & elegant user experiences in the extraordinarily complex oncology diagnostic & therapeutic landscape. We connect patients with clinical trials, help clinicians order our test & receive our clinical reports, & deliver valuable genomic datasets to researchers to help uncover important insights into treatment paradigms & drug discovery. Our technology stack reflects our views of using the best tools for the job, employing Java, Python, Ruby along with Kubernetes, Docker, Mulesoft, MySQL, MongoDB, high-performance computing clusters (HPC), & a variety of AWS services to analyze & disseminate vast volumes of genomic data.
About the Role:
- Deep understanding of the software development life cycle & zero downtime release management. Experience with agile based iterative development & knowledge of software engineering best practices.
- Design, implement & maintain large scale Kubernetes clusters with monitoring, logging &alerting.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms & frameworks, capacity planning & launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring & monitoring availability, latency & overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through automation & evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability & velocity.
- Practice sustainable incident response & blameless postmortems.
- Be part of an on-call rotation to support production systems & post-deployment monitoring.
Are you dedicated, upbeat & dynamic with excellent analytical ability? Are you a software engineer passionate about systems & highly motivated about solving complex problems? If so, you may be a perfect fit for our group.
- 4+ years of cloud engineering experience with at least one of the leading public cloud platforms
- 3+ years of experience in running cloud services using products such as Kubernetes, Docker or OpenShift.
- Strong automation skills using tools such as Ansible, Chef, Terraform, Jenkins, etc.
- Programming experience in operating cloud environments using languages such as Python, Go, Ruby, Java, etc.
- Interest in designing, analyzing & troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills & a sense of ownership & drive
- Ability to debug & optimize code & automate routine tasks
BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience. To us, DevOps is a combination of great systems engineering & software engineering.
- Experience with side projects where you've learned to apply new technologies, frameworks or programming languages
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis & software design
- Cloud solution architect certificate from any of the public clouds (such as AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
Keywords / #hastags:
#guardanthealth #biotechjobs #pharmajobs #biojobs#pharmacareers #python#ruby #ror #java #go #guardant360 #biotechcareers #devops @devops #sitereliability #sre #devopsengineer #sitereliabilityengineer#sdlc #kubernetes #cloudengineer #cloud #cloudservices #aws #gcp #cloudcertification #azure #frameworks #clusters #ansible #chef#terraform #jenkins #docker #openshift
Guardant Health develops breakthrough diagnostic technologies to improve cancer management. With Guardant360, we offer real-time, biopsy-free tumor sequencing that tracks tumor genomics in real-time & identifies associated treatment options. The recent introduction of groundbreaking analytical tools, including our Tumor Response Map & a mobile-enabled physician portal, further advance Guardant Health's momentum.
Please visit our career page at:http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs/
All candidate information iskept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
*No agency submittals will be considered & any unsolicited submittals will become the property of Guardant Health.