Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant experience, & technology that enables customized outcomes for doctors, hospitals, insurers, & manufacturers. Our team makes the same promise to each other as the one weve made to our customers, doctors, & partners: everybody needs some looking after sometimes. Capsule has raised over $250 million from the best consumer internet & healthcare investors in the world.
Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes & winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are energized to accomplish ambitious goals & push themselves & those around them to be better. We work hard to teach & share our successes to help others be successful. We anticipate our teammates needs & communicate early & often, using the input of our peers to operate both fast & right. We have tremendous ambitions & have a lot of fun pursuing them if that excites you, we would love to have you join us.
About the Role:
You will be the Director of Engineering at Capsule; focused on the Technology teams supporting the Operations infrastructure at Capsule. You will work with a team of talented & passionate engineers building the next generation pharmacy.
What Youll Do:
- Lead multiple teams to develop, test & implement new product features for our internal pharmacy systems.
- Partner closely with product & operations to define roadmaps & ensure its timely execution
- Ensure your team is collaborating, communicating, & shipping with a strong focus on quality & security.
- Serve as a mentor to managers & senior ICs on your team
- Be an advocate for your teams needs & build a strong sense of team & culture
- You have 10+ years of industry experience.
- You have 6+ years managing high-performing teams that exemplify a culture of excellence, with a minimum of 2 years experience in managing managers.
- You are highly technical with the ability to be hands on around technical architecture.
- You have multiple years of experience in people management. You are an effective career coach & can provide mentorship & feedback. You enjoy investing in your teammates & developing career progression plans with them, helping them reach their highest potential.
- You enjoy working with complex systems that have a final product in the physical world
- You have the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative, & high-growth environment
- You understand the trade-offs in employing different engineering solutions to a problem, valuing pragmatism over idealism
- You are an effective leader that focuses on efficiency & delivering on expectations. You play an active role in identifying & recruiting junior & senior candidates. You understand when to get your
- hands dirty & contribute & when to delegate & grow your teammates.
- You have experience in developing & communicating strategies that teams execute on.
- You dont wait for things to happen to you, you make things happen.
Capsule is committed to hiring the best team possible to build a pharmacy that works for everyone. We have a diverse set of problems to solve, & believe that we need a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, national origin, religion, disability, & veteran status.