Youll click with us if you
- Practice empathy
- Conduct yourself with the highest integrity
- Are thoughtful, self-reflective & always open to learning
- Speak up with radical candor
- Approach your work like an owner
- Have a high & ever-climbing bar for excellence
- Always do things the right way, even when its harder
- Believe that #oneteam is greater than the sum of its parts
- Leave no loops unclosed
Named one of the Worlds Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, Hello Alfred is the first & only residential hospitality platform. Were on a mission to build intuitive, personal help into the most important space in our lives: our home. As a startup that occupies the intersection of service, technology, real estate, & retail commerce, we are a new kind of company creating a new category of business. After steadily & sustainably scaling our national footprint, we are entering a new phase of rapid growth, & need a Director of Business Operations to capitalize on Hello Alfreds momentum & potential & help drive the strategy & execution of the operations roadmap during this critical time the companys evolution.
This will be a proactive, highly energetic & self-motivated leader with proven experience marrying strategy & execution through best-in-class rollout strategies, project management, & strong KPI development & management. We are looking for someone that brings relevant expertise, has strong opinions, a passion for our mission, & a loud & effective voice. The Director of Business Operations will be a consistent advocate for both the business & the customer & will partner with cross-functional leadership to drive top & bottom line impact through analysis, operational insights, project management & strategic initiatives.
Support Growth Strategy & Drive KPIs: The Director of Business Operations will ensure that the systems & processes are in place for opening new markets/buildings on or ahead of schedule, & at Alfred Standard. S/he will be laser-focused on outcomes & KPIs supporting the business performance/decision making with metrics such as: market/building openings vs. budget, average resident spend, penetration rates, retention rates, satisfaction rates, gross margin, etc.
Develop, Measure & Manage Bar Raising Standards: The Director of Business Operations will instill operational excellence, consistent & clear communication, & overall best-practices to ensure we consistently deliver high quality, continuously improving service across all markets. S/he will measure & drive this improvement by utilizing industry-standard benchmarks to inform both macro-level decision making & location-specific action plans & know how to connect the dots between people/process/training to drive the plans to success. S/he will partner closely with finance, training & technology to inform supporting roadmaps across the business.
Drive Efficient, Continuously Improving Operations: The Director of Business Operations will support distributed field operations, aligned through a balanced scorecard/KPIs, to drive consistent & favorable outcomes as the business grows. This includes protecting & where applicable improving economics with scale & continuing to foster last meter logistics & service operations as a scalable competitive advantage.
Youll do this working side-by-side with our Head of Operations & our emerging infrastructure teams in finance, analytics, building management, tech, marketing, recruiting & training. Youll collaborate with key stakeholders & counterparts to refine & build these systems & programs from the ground up. We have a phenomenal foundation in eight cities & are now entering the next phase of growth!
How youll help us to be successful
- The Director of Business Operations is an entrepreneurial role within an entrepreneurial organization.
- This role will focus on developing & rolling out best-in-class customer delivery, driving strong project management of various strategic initiatives, learning, iterating & establishing clear communication between key stakeholders throughout.
- The role will be instrumental in helping to aggressively manage costs & developing & supporting the management of the business through key customer & business KPIs.
- Youll partner heavily with the technology team to influence the technology roadmap & act as a liaison between tech & ops.
- Well be looking to you to help us scale the business & in parallel drive relentless improvement across our processes & product to ensure we consistently deliver the bespoke experience that allows residents in Alfred buildings to come home happy.
What superpowers youll use
- Data Driven Growth/Optimization/Scale Mindset: Has an ability to both develop a strategy & lead the organization in its execution. Eager to take on new challenges with open-mindedness & a winning-mindset, while respecting team, peers, & leaders. Can think high & low. Possesses the intellectual horsepower/problem solving ability to lead the charge on tackling complex problems. Uses data/analytics to drive business decision-making & pushes the organization to build out & utilize BI/analytics capability.
- Ownership & Mastery of Craft: Focused on outcomes. Able to deliver on commitments while installing the right amount of process to enable steady performance. Flexible in approach to deliver quality & brand excellence, in the face of high growth & unexpected twists & turns. A relentless execution expert with confidence in her/his expertise in core areas. Always learning, optimizing & improving.
- Collaboration & Influencing: Will have the gravitas, willingness, & ability to work effectively at all levels of the organization. Facilitates connection & collaboration across the business. Brings the playbook to the table but has the flexibility & humbleness to adapt to business & stakeholder needs. Will contribute skill & experience with generosity & be willing to work with anyone to drive real business impact. Balances strong quantitative & analytical skills with the emotional intelligence needed to influence organizational outcomes.
- Effective Communication Skills: High integrity, no-nonsense approach. Knows how to communicate through the brand voice & at all levels of the organization. Understands how to communicate through a decentralized organization. Quick & to the point. Welcomes radical candor from above & below. An active listener.
- Innovation & Entrepreneurialism: Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Relentless focus on improvement & raising the b
What else youll need
- 7+ years of prior experience in a relevant role within business operations, management consulting or other role combining business analysis, strategy, solution design & execution.
- Experience with assisting customer-facing businesses develop & use KPIs to influence outcomes.
- Experience presenting a clear analysis of complex financial & organizational information to executives & stakeholders.
- Knowledge of supply/demand forecasting & distributed execution, systems design, supply chain/logistics & customer support management.
- Experience in partnering heavily with technology, product & engineering teams to ensure the tech roadmap matches the customer-experience requirements/priorities.
- Experience acting as a change agent, communicating effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Experience managing large projects end-to-end, in conjunction with stakeholders in various departments & levels of an organization.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects & deadlines.
- MBA a plus
Hello Alfred is a hospitality & technology platform focused on building intuitive, personal help into the most important space in our lives: our home. As the only company in the world that customers trust with the keys to their homes, were building a world where people come first, hospitality is an everyday luxury, & its not only easy, but OK, to ask for help to manage our busy lives.
We believe in responsible company-building, which means we deeply consider the second- & third-order consequences of our actions. We do the right thing, even when its more difficult or takes longer.
As a result, we build products people not only can love, but trust. Human-powered technology with heart.
Find out why Fast Company named this four-year-old startup one of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World. Join us on our mission to build the future of urban living.
Note: We only hire people who are hospitable, extremely polite & down to make shit happen.