- Manage client expectations regularly ensuring clear communication across updates, timelines, recommending adjustments, creating presentations, etc.
- Act as the clients partner in representing their point of view internally & when reviewing work leverage this perspective when providing feedback to team & presenting to client
- Collaborate with the leaders of other departments (Analytics, Creative, Production, Strategy) to improve & execute on client deliverables, process, & output
- Develop relationships with media network; continue to develop platform, publisher, & brand relationships outside the walls of Vayner
- Collaborate with buying teams to create a strategic framework & tactical media plan ensuring finalized deck & QA meet/exceed client expectations.
- Ensure executional excellence & making sure the buyers have everything they need to launch a campaign, flagging any dependencies to clients along the way.
- Key driver for media plan output timeliness, accuracy, & innovation
- Work with the Associate Director to develop + deploy the RFP for the best possible plan for the communications idea
- Develop & deliver flawless media plans derived from industry insights & expertise.
- Ensure the plan extends beyond paid through the integration (and quantification) of paid, owned, + earned channels
- With direction from the Associate Director, take the strategic plan pillars & ideas to flawlessly create a consumer journey that encompasses all communication strategies.
- Work as in-house media strategy expert for all channels including emerging & digital media. Stay up to date on media landscape & constantly seek out innovative partners/platforms to identify new opportunities.
- Act as a supporting role for senior analysts & analysts as well as mentor to associates contributing to the career growth of your team members
- Coordinate tasks to team defining priority & ensuring team is on track to deliver tasks on time
- Digest media briefs and/or media asks & compile questions from team members, while creating timelines that ensure feasible turnaround from the internal team
- Consistently work to maintain the success of campaigns: review campaign pacing & optimization, Review reporting & insights, update working presentations, exploring business opportunities to name a few.
- Contribute to the continued growth & stability of VaynerMedia, by being empowered to make decisions that are best for the company both today & tomorrow
- Entrepreneurial street cred or a bachelors degree with a minimum of 3+ years industry related experience executing digital programs & investments
- Strategic understanding of traditional, digital, & social-specific media planning & buying, along with the proper metrics of success & measurement opportunities
- Some experience with the executional side of media buying across several biddable & native platforms in all or a few of the following:
- Social: Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest, LinkedIn
- Google: Google Ads, Google Display Network
- Well versed in the various paid media & measurement opportunities across social, digital, & broader marketing mix, including but not limited to:
- Google Analytics
- MOAT/IAS/Double Verify
- Nielsen/Millward Brown/Oracle Measurement
- Working knowledge of insertion order buying & manually building, tracking, & managing IOs
- Experience leading & managing growing teams
- Strong Excel skills across formulas, pivot tables, & data visualization tools
- Advanced written & presentation communication skills
- A proven understanding & expertise in brand strategy, as well as the social/digital space & how it integrates with the wider marketing mix for Fortune 500 size brands
- Solid understanding of industry standard research tools & systems such as GfK/MRI, Nielsen suite (Clear Decisions, Media Impact, AdIntel), comScore, eMarketer, Mintel, etc.